Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 03-05-2014, 01:44 AM

Default Attention Avid. Ample guitar plugin not working as intended in PT11 AAX

Hi guys

This is a message for Avid from a user of Ample guitar M AAX. The developers have asked me to report this bug to you as well.

When one instrument track is open in PT11 HD with Ample guitar M, chord detection mode works fine, however if you create another virtual instrument track in PT11 with either the same brand instrument or another brand, chord detection mode messes up and gets stuck on the last chord it was on before it messes up.

Please see this article on the KVR forum as well with another user reporting the same problem.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...c9f6dc75675208

Ample told me, they suspect there is something wrong with midi channel management of Pro Tools or AAX, or maybe the framework they use for development is in need of an update?

Avid if you could look at this and see if you can recreate the same problem where chords start getting stuck in PT11 AAX I would be grateful.

I have re-installed my OS & my whole set up in the hope it was just my software configuration, but with no luck.

Thank you for your help guys

Robert
Old 03-06-2014, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Attention Avid. Ample guitar plugin not working as intended in PT11 AAX

Hey Avid

Please accept my apologies but I am not on here often and don't know your names.

Could you please let me know that this message has been relayed to the bug fix team, just incase it is a bug with midi channel management of Pro Tools or AAX?

Ample sound aren't sure if it's their platform "JUCE" they use for developing or PT 11/aax (midi channel management) playing up.

Thank you so much guys, your help is much appreciated.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Attention Avid. Ample guitar plugin not working as intended in PT11 AAX

Robert,

Ample should contact developer services directly if they need to report a bug, because we will need iLok assets to repro any interaction problem between the plug-in and Pro Tools.

If they have found a bug in the JUCE framework, then they should contact those developers directly, as we are not the developers of that library.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2014, 12:18 AM

Hi Ryan

Thanks for your response.

I have notified Ample sound and they will hopefully be in touch very soon with the details.

Thank you for your help

Kind regards

Robert