Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2012, 08:59 AM

Default tech help needed, no sound

Hi there everyone,

i have just installed pro tools SE 8.0.3 on my iMac i got the software with the M-audio fast track, the problem is i can not hear any sound

i have the same setup using garageband and the sound works fine

now the levels and everything in pro tools seems to be picking up sound as i can see the levels go up or down when using the mic or my guitar but i cannot hear anything when i splay or speak or even playback, can't hear any loops or beats

now the strange thing is before opening a session i can play the demo's from the splash screen and can hear them fine

any help would be greatly appreciated its really frustrating !

cheers

Dell
Old 01-24-2012, 11:30 PM

Default Re: tech help needed, no sound

do you have a master fader in your mix and are the outputs of it assigned to main outs 1-2 ?

Do you have your I/O setup and routed correctly? it sounds like you are getting signal in to pro tools correctly, but not routing it out correctly from pro tools.

Chris

http://soundcloud.com/regenerationmix

http://twitter.com/regenerationmix

MacBook Pro, 2.4GHZ, 16GB, Intel Core i7, Mac OS 10.9.1 128 SSD internal HD, 750 GB Internal HD, Pro Tools 10.3.8, Digidesign 003r, Waves 8.0, Final Cut Pro 7
Old 01-25-2012, 02:22 AM

yeah everything is set correctly, i dont have any headphones at the mo to plug into my m-audio interface im guessing i will get sound from there but i need to hear sound through my stereo also

its very strange that when i play a sound on the demo screen i can hear but not on any tracks or loops
Old 03-16-2012, 04:36 AM

still need some help, would be really appreciated, even if my stereo is not hooked up i dont get any loops or instrument sounds coming out of the mac built in speakers, i am still able to preview demo tracks on the menu screen though, please please help

cheers
Old 06-07-2012, 12:56 AM

This may be a little advanced for you but give this a try. Create a Pro Tools Aggregate in your Audio Devices screen of your preferences. You can then select all of your in and out including you built in inputs and outputs. In pro tools pick that aggregate and you should be able to play the sound through the built in outputs. Let me know if this helps!!!

-Brandon