How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2011, 06:32 PM

Default Weird mouse pointer problem...

Hey gang,

I'm out mixing FOH for Cee Lo Green and came across a very odd problem last night just prior to our first show. The mouse pointer would work just fine except when accessing plugins. It was so odd. The mouse would be fine elsewhere on the screen but would pass BEHIND the plugin, rendering it unable to change any plugin parameters. Insert mode saved my butt but we could not figure out what was going on. This also occurred when we switched show files and a plugin authorization warning came up.

Anyone else ever seen this or have any insight?
Old 06-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Avid

Default Re: Weird mouse pointer problem...

Hi,

Sounds like a window focusing issue (foreground vs. background). If it happens again, use the keyboard and press ALT+TAB. This should shift the window focus back.

Sheldon
Old 06-06-2011, 06:58 AM

Good to know Sheldon, thanks for the tip. If we see it again we'll try that key combo.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:18 AM

I've had this problem and it took an age to track down- in my case the trackball device had two left buttons and two right- and the small left button was stuck in the depressed position- didn't affect operation in most of the venue windows, but couldn't click on anything on any of the plug in windows- once I freed the button, normal operation was resumed.

Last edited by smokeydan; 07-07-2011 at 04:20 AM. Reason: for completeness and accuracy
Old 06-05-2013, 03:29 PM

This happens to me when I drag a plugin parameter and accidently hit the scroll wheel. I have to change screens a few times for it to start working again. Disabling/Enableing the plugin works too but obviously can't do that live.