Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 03-21-2016, 08:07 AM

Default Can't create new project

Hi,
I'm new here. I registered yesterday on Avid and I download Pro Tools First.

I have a problem. I can't create new project. On my dashboard I can see "0/0 projects". When I click create button, I get a note "The maximum number of projects has been reached for this account". I should have possibility to create 3 projects, but I don't have. What can I do?
Old 03-21-2016, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Can't create new project

Hello there,

I had the same issue at first.

It sounds like you are not connecting to your Avid Account that you created before downloading Pro Tools First.

Remove Pro Tools First and reinstall it and make sure that your ILOK account is setup to activate Pro Tools First.

Once connected, you will be able to create projects in your Dashboard.

Good luck, and more thing... make usre you install ASIO4ALL before installing Pro Tools First... removes issues you might have otherwise.

Thx.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:38 PM

Thanks for your answer, Defier.
I have already done what you said... and still the same.
I removed PTF, installed ASIO4ALL, checked iLOK again and installed PTF again.
My dashboard still says "0/0 projects".

Any other ideas?
Old 03-21-2016, 07:00 PM

Make sure Pro Tools First is installed on your main Windows hard drive. It has to be on the same drive.

I can't think of anything else except that your "Avid Application Manager", which is installed on your PC as well, has to recognized your Pro Tools First installation and license.

Good luck mate. Let us know.

Last edited by Defier; 03-21-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:47 PM

Did you find a solution? I'm having the same issue.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Avid

Hi, Please try Opening Pro Tools First, then log out of your account, then close pro tools first, then open it again and log in to your account. Let us know if the same error occurs.

Best regards,
CD
Old 08-01-2016, 09:57 PM

I am having the same problem on my MacBook Pro. I signed up, installed the file, and got the same problem. I cannot create a new project because it says I've reached the maximum, and there are no other files to open. Please HELP!

Also, when anyone gets a working solution, please email / DM us. Thanks.

PS: Avid, I write apps for a living in my "day job" so would be happy to help you fix this if extra coding is needed.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:44 PM

Hi, I was tearing my hair out with the same problem but I somehow managed to fix it.

First I went to Marketplace within ProTools and clicked on 'Manage my Avid Cloud'. There it showed my subscription details and that I had 3 projects available.

Then I closed ProTools went to the separate Avid Application Manager app and installed Client Cloud Services. It either installed it or reinstalled it on my machine - not sure. When I opened ProTools again my projects were available.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-25-2017, 10:48 AM

Hi, I'm having the same issue over here... Could someone at Avid check my account please?

Many thanks
Anto
Old 06-23-2017, 11:50 AM

I installed PTF a couple of days ago and had exactly the same problem.
My PC is running Win7 64bit and all the updates have been installed.

When I set up my Avid account for the first time I used a password that was accepted and also an email address that was no problem.

I also updated my iLok account to the latest version.

When installing PTF I had to log into my account and I used the same password and email address I used previously.
PTF would not accept the password as it said it was not secure and I had to change it.

Problem now was my log in details were now different but I forgot this and went ahead and installed the programme.
I got the same message you are getting.

All I did to remedy it was go back into my Avid account and changed the password and email address to the same the I used when setting up the install.

Next time I tried to run the programme it worked and I now have a working programme.

I can't guarantee this will cure your problem but it's obvious something is not speaking the same language so go check everything again.

I hope you get it working.

Oh and if you have anti virus software running make sure it's not that that's stopping it from working.

Last edited by asimmd; 06-23-2017 at 12:04 PM.