Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-05-2000, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Geek check...

STOP IT!
Don't talk to me about G4 Dual Processors I just bought the G4/400 single and you are not helping my condition.
"Get ye behind me"
Regards Geek of Geeks Nick from Aussie
Old 08-05-2000, 08:43 PM

I'm so glad I started this thread. It's a good break from everything else. My wife IS very supportive but if I can only kick the PLAYSTATION habit!

hmmm.......Pro Tools on Playstion.....hmmmmm.....

anyways back to reality.
You guys rock. I've enjoyed your replies very much, keep 'em coming!

Hi.My name is Matt, and I'm a gear addict.

[This message has been edited by MattStrat (edited August 05, 2000).]
Old 08-06-2000, 12:59 AM

Old 08-06-2000, 01:40 AM

I can relate totally. Ran out of net time early last month, most of it spent on this DUC, reading both windows and Mac forums. I only had a windows system when I purchased my 001 so it was installed on it. Had big problems with the number of PCI cards in this machine (surprise, surprise), so after reading both forums, I took the plunge and bought a G4 400. No turning back now, I have come to realise why serious users choose Mac All I need now is a response to my phone calls to tech support to re-register as a Mac user.
I don't have a playstation, but now that I have 001 on Mac, I can use my PC for Colin McCrae Rally without worrying about buggering up my Pro Tools sessions .
Old 08-06-2000, 08:41 AM

I think a divorce is in order here. She just doesn't understand. First it was my guitar now it's my home setup. Should've left it at the studio where I can get away in peace and not here the usual ... you've been on that comp. for 16 hrs already bla, bla, bla.
SHUT UP ALREADY!!!
Guitarman1
(seeking good, cheap attourney)
Old 08-06-2000, 11:13 AM

Hey crowdog,

A night of Ribeye steak, a night of home-fried chicken and a night at "Outback" got me the CompressorBank!

After the meal, it was one of those, "Y'know, how I've been complaining about the lead vocal track on ______ not sitting well in the mix...?"

Actually my wife is also a musician and works in computers, too, so she's pretty darn understanding - as long as I can pay CASH or AMEX.

------------------
LW

PTLE8/002r;OS 10.6.4 2 x 2.26Ghz quadcore,6GB RAM, Waves Platinum, many other plugins...
Old 08-06-2000, 05:14 PM

It On Again
Amex have just sent me a new card. I've just broken out into a cold sweat, I just don't know what to do with it.
Should I get a new voice processor, waves plugs or new burner. Umm Umm..... I'll get the lot......she'll never know.
PS My roof leaks too.
Regards Nick from Aussie
Old 08-06-2000, 10:33 PM

Yo LW - I think your investment paid off handsomely! (plus your making me hungry) -
Great thread MattStrat!

You know I was thinking what a great investment this was for me too - in all seriousness - I've been playing music for almost 24 yrs. and play a bunch a instruments - acoustic & electric bass, cello, guitar, banjo, hand drums - but this has provided such a opporitunity for focus
on the music (once you get past the tech end of getting set-up) that I feel like a kid just starting out again full of excitement & passion about playing/recording music and in the end that what it's really all about (although really cool gear certainly helps) - there's kind of a whole little scene starting to develop, based around having the ability to document music making, plus people want to give me money for it! Very COOL!

So anyway I went to Sam Ash today to buy Foamtak to put up auralex, ran across the Avalon-737-sp and my mouth started watering! However they couldn't demo it, the rack wasn't set-up! I managed a sincere "thanks anyway , I'll check back in a couple of weeks" but was really kinda bummed. Probably for the best at this point!
later,
Tony
Old 08-06-2000, 11:27 PM

I wish I had a time machine.... if I would have saved all that money I blew on ********* and whatever else, I'd be single, a rock and roll star, and enough left over for a TDM sys.

Old 08-07-2000, 12:20 AM

Hey Matt,

Try forcing yourself to put a $20 into a cookie jar everytime you fire up playstation. You'll have a bunch of plugins before you know it.

Well, actually, that might encourage MORE playstation, wouldn't it?...

OK, then have your wife limit you to 1 hour a day of playstation and then tell you to go write something...yeah, that's the ticket...

...an LW quote (probably paraphrased from someone I can't remember):

"I'm not obsessive about music, I just don't enjoy thinking about anything else..."

------------------
LW

PTLE8/002r;OS 10.6.4 2 x 2.26Ghz quadcore,6GB RAM, Waves Platinum, many other plugins...