Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-27-2006, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Look At the Ratio of Views to Replies

I like to think this DUC is helpful and with a lot of good contributions. Part of the reason I like this forum is that there isn't endless rubbish on it, there may be fewer answers than most forums but they are usually helpful ones. I concur with the previous poster that the search engine needs to be improved, its not the easiest to use and obviously if someone does a couple of fruitless searches without an answer then they will post a question.

All in all, a positive thumbs up from me
Old 11-27-2006, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Anybody have some samples of the worlds smallest violin....?
sniggered out loud.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:34 PM

When I first looked at this I didn't post.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
do you find that their search engine works well? i have had numerous occaisons of searching for things endlessy and not finding them. most notable recent one was searching for white noise burst issues when that was starting. it was spread across a number of posts, but tryign to find info or answers was very difficult because the search engine wouldn't seem to parse "white noise" as a string, and included everything the referred to noise.
In order to search for an exact phrase, you need to use quote marks, like this:
"white noise"

If you search the PTLE Mac forum for that exact phrase newer than one month, in subject and body, it will bring up a number of threads.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Why is it that most people want what they can get from this site without contributing their time back to it?
absolutely hogwash... there are people on this forum who answer on the Mac side, PC side and HD
side...

Quote:
This site is very discouraging as it really demonstrates where we have gone in America, an all about ME society.
as you are showing us in your vainglorious attitude.. the DUC is not the way YOU like it
you just as selfish as the rest of 'America'... get over it

Quote:
It will destroy us in the end.
ha! funny...good one!
You can take that approach if you want. However, the facts are the facts. Just go back through multiple pages and you will see that most post get very few replies. Many people look, but rarely do the take the time to give their opinion. For those that do, thank you. For those that don't, well. Go to gearslutz.com and you will see a lot of people who are interested in helping. I've posted some of the same Digi related questions there that I've posted here and get tons of valuable input on that site, here, nothing! Why? This site should be the GOTO Site for Digi related questions. Frankly, it's not. Not anymore. Look at the facts. You can't argue facts.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 11-27-2006, 04:25 PM

Then post at GS, or find a more effective way to phrase your questions.

Besides, how does someone with less than 200 posts over the last 4 years go about criticizing others' lack of contribution?!

Your innermost thoughts revealed: ".....memememememe........memememememe........meme mememe......"
Old 11-27-2006, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Many people look, but rarely do the take the time to give their opinion
funny ... I just always assumed that they didn't know the answer.

I don't think that we are only allowed to look at posts that we can "answer"
I learn a lot by reading about potential PT issues (even if they don't apply to my situation)
titles/subjects of posts get my attention - I look - If I don't have an answer- I move on

btw - If I have a answer/suggestion to a post - I ALWAYS answer
Apogee Rosetta 200/ UA LA-610
Genelec 8030A/7050b
McDSP, Waves, Sony, URS, Spectrasonics, BFD, Altiverb
Old 11-27-2006, 05:06 PM

I always gain more satisfaction from giving than receiving.

Peace Out
Old 11-27-2006, 05:39 PM

Quote:
However, the facts are the facts. Just go back through multiple pages and you will see that most post get very few replies. Many people look, but rarely do the take the time to give their opinion.
My guess is that most of the users who read the posts without responding had nothing to offer. I see nothing wrong with that, and greatly prefer it to an excess of misleading information - there's already enough of that.

Old 11-27-2006, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Many people look, but rarely do the take the time to give their opinion
funny ... I just always assumed that they didn't know the answer.

I don't think that we are only allowed to look at posts that we can "answer"
I learn a lot by reading about potential PT issues (even if they don't apply to my situation)
titles/subjects of posts get my attention - I look - If I don't have an answer- I move on

btw - If I have a answer/suggestion to a post - I ALWAYS answer
That's my stance too. I in fact read this post this morning, but didn't have anything meaningful to offer so I let it be. I'm not really offering anything now either, but I do when I can. I am still a novice and come here on an almost daily basis to learn anything I can. And on occasion I can actually offer something in return. And this forum is for help so you're probably going to get a lot more people looking for answers than trying to help. I believe the weakest link is in actual Digi representation, or lack thereof. But isn't that what the tech line is for? This is a place for Users to converse and help with problems.

On a whole other note it seems however that once I offer something to a post it slowly goes away. So lets see if it happens again. .
2009 Mac Pro - Dual X5650 Xeon 6-core 2.66Ghz procs, 48GB of Ram, SATA 3 and USB 3.0 PCIe cards. R9 280X video card. macOS Sierra. Harrison Mixbus 32C, Studio One 3, Reaper, and pro tools 12 when I have to.