Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2010, 12:24 AM

Default TL Space Impulses Missing

Hey guys, finally got PT9 up and running and I'm having an issue with TL Space. First of all, the regular install doesn't seem to be installing all of the impulses, in fact not very many of them at all! On top of that, the additional impulses that you can purchase now seem to be individual downloads...what happened to the single installer? (http://www.avid.com/US/products/TL-S...sponse-Library) Even when downloading these individually and pointing TL Space to the folder it doesn't seem to pick up on them. Anyone know where I can find the actual TL Space Impulse Responses installer?

Related to this, other items from MPTK2 need to be reinstalled but I can't find any downloadable installers for Hybrid or Strike. The MPTK2 installer will NOT run with PT9 installed, it wants PT8. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

-Spencer

Mac Pro 2008 (Harpertown) -- OS X 10.8.2 -- 16GB RAM -- WD Black Drives -- UA Apollo Quad -- Pro Tools 10 w/ CPTK
Old 11-27-2010, 12:39 AM

Default Re: TL Space Impulses Missing

There is already another thread about this, and AFAIK you have to browse to the location of the IRs in TLSpace.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...light=tl+space
Old 11-27-2010, 12:44 AM

I know you can browse for the location and I have tried this. The problem is there isn't any available download for the original TL Space Content Expansion .tls.

Mac Pro 2008 (Harpertown) -- OS X 10.8.2 -- 16GB RAM -- WD Black Drives -- UA Apollo Quad -- Pro Tools 10 w/ CPTK
Old 11-27-2010, 12:52 AM

I do sincerely hope this is what you are looking for old chap!

If so, enjoy.

http://www.avid.com/US/products/TL-S...sponse-Library

EDIT: Drat, this is the exact same link you have already. So what's the issue then? This is what I grabbed when I bought TL Space used some time ago. I also thought it was rather a small library, but I was led to believe that this is it. If it is not and there should be more I would certainly like to get that content as well. It is a pretty good starting place though and there are impulse libraries out there that will work with TL Space, albeit not all free.

I do have to agree with you Spencer that the Avid site is awfully hard to find stuff on. Usually a Google search will do better. I also noticed that an attempt to go to tllabs.com will redirect you to Avid. I guess they bought them? Still, Avid.com is pretty pathetic and folks have been bitching about it for a while. I suppose they are off the hook for the time being with me though, owing to them coming through with some cool stuff in PT9.

Still, sort out the site Avid.
2TB Solid State Drive
Thunderbolt 4
Sonoma 14.1.2
Pro Tools 2023.9
Universal Audio Apollo 8P (TB3 Option Card installed)
Old 11-27-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar486 View Post
I know you can browse for the location and I have tried this. The problem is there isn't any available download for the original TL Space Content Expansion .tls.
What about this:
http://www.avid.com/US/products/TL-S...sponse-Library
Old 11-27-2010, 12:53 AM

L-Dogg beat me
Old 11-27-2010, 01:07 AM

As you can see by the link we all have posted now, there is no single .tls file to download for the content expansion. This also does not address the other issue of some of the impulses that are supposed to come with TL Space not being present. For example, my Church folder in the plugin is completely empty and most of the other folders only have 1 or 2 impulses under them (Before there were about 10-15 per room for different distances). This is horribly confusing, hopefully DTS can chime in and point me to the super secret fix-it-all link on the Avid site? :)

Old 11-27-2010, 01:20 AM

I did not know about the extra downloads when I installed mine. I also only had several impulses and perhaps an empty folder...I remember thinking that it could not be right. So I got a hold of a member who knew a lot about it and had the entire library and he told me where to go to get the impulses....the link I, and everyone else, posted here.

I have a feeling that is all you get but do not know for sure. It does seem a tad light.

I gather you are also taking about one master folder for all the impulses and yeah that would be nice. It was a pain having to download all those folders.

Incidentally I placed all mine in my sample library HD and think it found it easily.

Well I will keep an eye on this and hopefully somebody who knows the full skinny will help us get to the bottom of it.
2TB Solid State Drive
Thunderbolt 4
Sonoma 14.1.2
Pro Tools 2023.9
Universal Audio Apollo 8P (TB3 Option Card installed)
Old 11-27-2010, 01:20 AM

There never was a single download for all the impulses.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:33 AM

Meanwhile, if you are trying to import the stock library, try using the Import Other Library command, but point it to the TL Space library(worked for me)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave