Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2003, 12:00 PM

Default Why don’t I get sound out of my Right speaker

Ever since I’ve been using Protooles le 5.3.1 I notice that there are times while using Digi 001 in monitor mode and editing MIDI notes I only hear sound from the left monitor. I had spoken to some one at the protools support center who said I should use a balanced cable. This seem to have temporarily solved the problem which recurs from time to time. I had all cables plugged out and the digi was disconnected for about a week due to some studio renovations. Now I have reconnected all and the problem came back. I have checked all my I/O and they are fine. The Fact is that when I play back a song in audio I get left and right And If I hook up my keyboard outputs to my monitors I hear left and right. It is only on the MIDI playback via Digi 001 >keyboard> monitors and keyboard program/combi playback>Digi001>monitors that I don’t get the right. So I don’t know if the problem is the Digi 001 or the synthesizer. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Old 10-17-2003, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Why don’t I get sound out of my Right speaker

I have this problem occasionally with a 001. For me, popping the monitor mode button in and out a few times fixes it.

Greg
Old 10-18-2003, 01:02 AM

This solution may not apply, but i got to put it out there....

-----------------

I have a similiar problem, but only when my monitor volume knob is turned down real low.

To fix it, I turn the monitor volume up to 1/4th of the way, and adjust the master volume within protools to compensate for the output level.

Dova
Old 10-18-2003, 05:37 AM

Sound slike you suffer from a known hardware bug with the 001, bad solder points. they can cause low, no or intermittant levels on the analong i/o, and problems with the pots on the front as well. If you're handy with a soldering iron the solution is pretty simple. Open the unti and resolder all the connections to the PC board from i/o connectors and pots. this should solve your problems.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:05 PM

Quote:
This solution may not apply, but i got to put it out there....

-----------------

I have a similiar problem, but only when my monitor volume knob is turned down real low.

To fix it, I turn the monitor volume up to 1/4th of the way, and adjust the master volume within protools to compensate for the output level.

Dova

I 2nd that.. If my master volume is about 1/8th of the way up.. it only comes out the right speaker..
Like said, I usually keep mine in between 9 and 12 oclock.. it has never had a problem in that range..

tim
Old 11-01-2003, 08:36 AM

Thanks everyone for your comments. The sound in the right speaker already returned. Also thanks much for COMMENTS webmaster