Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2002, 11:01 PM

Default SOLO AND MUTE ON THE MASTER FADER.

CAN we have some solo and mute on the master fader?i hope so.would some one tell us please how to add these functions.master fader should have these regardless.i can do it at the group thing but on the master will make life easier.i am surprised it's not a stardard function that should be on the master.
thanks for any comments or help.
Old 08-21-2002, 11:51 PM

Default Re: SOLO AND MUTE ON THE MASTER FADER.

uummmmmm.............. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

ahh...levon?

why would you.... oh never mind.

don't you have something better to bitch about?

You know levon.. (sappy 50's documentry music starts up) We here at the DUC take great pride in bitching. We make sure our bitching is of the hightest quality, timely, way overboard, and topical. We must strive to maintain the highest order of whining and complaining, of putting the busy engineers at Digidesign though hell listening to us rant on and on while they could be working on an project concerning matters of much more money, and importance such as the new HD systems. We must while we Your bitch however, lacks a certian substance since a solo or mute button on the master fader would do absolutely no good. (am i wrong?)

Let that be a lesson to you Levon.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2002, 11:57 PM

Forget about solo / mute - how about some frickin' CALIBRATION MARKS on the meters?

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:02 AM

loool.sorry for the master fader solo and mute thing.
what i was reffering to was the master solo and master mute.usually on a mixer will be on the consol next to the or around the master faders.lool.
but as far as bitching i dont have time for that i did that when i was a kid to others naturaly i guess.too old for mumbo jumbo kiddo.if u like that bitchin stuff do it with teenagers kiddo.

but i still say,you wasted a lot of energy instead of pointing out where is the master solo and mute and being a gentlemen or gentlewoman.do you know it or not?if you dont you shouldnt have commented,it sounds childish imo.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:06 AM

alt + click?
Old 08-22-2002, 02:06 AM

HEY,audio junkie,if you think you are somebody,by acting immature and macho at the same time,at least learn to spell right.

I never lower myself with the lower common denominator,but in this case i did it because it got personal.

since you never know people in person and for who and what they are,you should at least keep it low profile ,or i should say normal.

i amde a mistake while my head is being big from reading,and instead of mentioning master solo and mute i mentioned master solo and mute on master fader.you could have laughed and said are you sure you mean master fader?but i guess you think you are a hot shot but let's see if thats the case when its face to face when it comes to reality,as far as knowledge and experience.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:45 AM

While we're at it, Meat Truck asked me why can't we configure the color of the pink recording in the edit window to another color? He said he wanted flames at the playback head, and leaving black charred audio files behind.

Meanwhile, I'd also like to arrange the transport in different configurations i.e.vertical, or get rid of those FF and RW buttons, which I rarely use.

And why cant I select tracks in the mix window to be wider? I can do it in the edit window.
For example mini would be just a fader, Small would be fader + inserts and plugins, Medium would be "narrow Mix window" Large would be regular mix window, Massive would be a 2" wide track with text and detailed pan knobs and Incredible would be a full screen track including a visual display of all of the plugins. and a horizontal overview of the whole track. You would be able to select the size of each track.

And why isn't the cpu usage a permanent part of the mix window? it's bad enough that you have to maximize it in 5.3.1 just to see it, but why not embed it in a track? You could have a system usage track, which would analyze the system usage of plugins that are to the left (or right, or specific) of the inserted track, displaying vertical LED's of the cpusage.

But the thing I want most of all is pro tools hooked up to an etch a sketch window. I could draw in the tracks and transport and edit in any configuration I choose, and then Shake it all up and start from scratch if the song I was writing sucked. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Oh My Gawd it's 5:30 am.

Keny
just to toot my own horn, I am in the process of relocating to Los Angeles and lookign for a job, so if anybody knows someone who can help me get established as an audio engineer and producer, check out my creds at http://www.kenyruyter.com and call me 310-909-9115

myspace page
http://www.kenyruyter.com
Old 08-22-2002, 07:45 AM

I apologize, I didn't mean to offend, It was completely for comedic value, I'm sorry. You'll see what I mean about the bitching if you hang around with us whining kids enough...

Yea a etch-a-scetch window would be nice... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

How about a "unsuck" plugin...

oh yea...its calle autotune...I forgot..

my aplolgies once again.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:49 AM

Solo on the master?

Mute on the master: You could throw up a stereo limiter and set to 0. That works. You could automate it too.
Old 08-22-2002, 03:36 PM

NP,AUDIO JUNKIE,lets put the bitching thing behind us.

man o man i work with samplitude a lot(v6)its some awsome audio multitrack.if you havent tried it yet.its just that i ve been reading a lot the past year on the forums more than making music unfortunately.and ofcourse master solo and master mute on the master faders lol.
i even tried the wave driver so i could use the digi sound and the samplitude v6 multitrack it would be nice combo.somehow i hear the digi's sound better than the other soundcards like 1010 and the new wamirack 192x.but could not work the wave driver yet.

btw,the ptle's software is ok but not good enough in imo.it needs a major overhaul.one very easy and convinient feature would like is the right click on objects among other things.as they say you cant have em all.we'll it remains to be seen.