Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2011, 12:18 PM

Default Beat Detective in PT MP8 question!

Old 06-08-2011, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Beat Detective in PT MP8 question!

You cannot open PT without an interface connected(with PT9, this can be the onboard audio if you have a proper ASIO driver). As for multi-track Beat Detective, your cheapest bet would be to purchase a used iLok asset and install the MPTK. That is an inexpensive option with the release of PT9.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-08-2011, 02:12 PM

Hey Thanks albee!! so, "your cheapest bet would be to purchase a used iLok asset and install the MPTK." does this mean buy a used version of MPTK because Avid doesnt sell it anymore?? I have a ilok that came with the PT 8, do i need another one to run MPTK, do i look on ebay foe a MPTK ilok license or ilok license and software? So there is no way Avid has a free download of MPTK for me? sorry i'm confused!
THANKS BUD!
DOC
Old 06-08-2011, 03:50 PM

The Music Production Toolkit(MPTK) is an add-on for LE and M-powered that includes more tracks, the multi-track BD option, and some extra plugins(like TL Space). I think it was originally $395. You can put several authorizations on your iLok so no need to buy a second one. You can probably find a new MPTK, but that will cost more. Sometimes you can find a great deal on a stripped package as some the the MPTK plugins can be sold separately. You might even find just the mUlti-track BD asset with nothing else(really all you need). Checking eBay and the Buy&Sell section of the DUC might find you just what you need. There is almost always a $25 transfer fee as that's what it costs to move a license from one iLiok account(the seller) to your iLok account(the buyer). Once the asset is in your account, you log in with your iLok connected to the computer you are surfing on, and you move the asset to your iLok. Some great(and trustworthy) sellers you should check out include EJwells(HappyLand on eBay), DutchMusik(on ebay) and www.airusersblog.com(I would join and donate there as the videos are worth it. excellent teaching).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-08-2011, 04:08 PM

Great so is there any difference in MPTK and MPTK2 regarding the BD?. If not i guess i'm looking for a BD asset right. I'll go look for those links now bud THANK YOU!!!
THE ABOMINABLE DR.CHUD
www.drchud.com