Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2015, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Dealing with track counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjewel View Post
On reading your post I went over to "Ideascale" to vote on a couple of things ... Something that really surprised me was how few votes there are on issues overall. Seems somewhat strange given the depth of feelings on many issues here ... Just a thought
Voted up here too (thanks to the mod who did post the idea).
PT12.4 / VEP5.3.1 / MacOSX.11.1 (MBP)
PT 10.3.10 / PT11.3.2 / PT12.4 / VEP5.3.1 / MacOSX.8.5 (MM "Production" on SSD)
PT 12.4 / VEP5.3.1 / MacOSX.11.1 (MM "test" on HDD)
RME UFX (USB2 with MM and Firewire with MBP)
+ Vienna Ensemble Pro Server on PC Q6600/8Gb/Win7-Pro64-SP1
Old 10-06-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
On reading your post I went over to "Ideascale" to vote on a couple of things ... Something that really surprised me was how few votes there are on issues overall. Seems somewhat strange given the depth of feelings on many issues here ... Just a thought
And that's the problem with ideascale ... most people just don't go there except when they happen to read something here and then choose to make the effort to go there.

So there will always be less traffic there .... but then Avid is relying on it as the main conduit ... it seems a flawed process/concept.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 10-06-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
And that's the problem with ideascale ... most people just don't go there except when they happen to read something here and then choose to make the effort to go there.

So there will always be less traffic there .... but then Avid is relying on it as the main conduit ... it seems a flawed process/concept.

I agree 100%. When you look at just the sheer lack of voting on issues that matter it makes me less than surprised that it takes so long to get even the smallest bug fixes/features attended to.... Maybe it's as much our fault that things progress so slowly and that Avid end up committing resources to things that take away from the development of Pro Tools?
Mac Pro 2x2.8 ghz Intel Zeon, 20 gig ram, Yosemite 10.10.5, Pro Tools 10,11,12.7.1, Logic Pro X 10.2, UA Apollo 16 quad, UA Octo Pcies, Dangerous Music 2 Bus, Antelope Audio Satori, Lynx Studio Hilo, Neve 542, Neve 511, API 505 DI, Bettermaker CV502. Avid Artist Mix, Avid Artist Control, Softube Console 1 mk11.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:

I have never heard of "Ideascale" before. If Avid is indeed using it as the main basis on what to fix and adress (as stated in a later post than yours) then maybe they should do a better job of making sure people know about it. Like how about a link at the top of every page on the DUC??
Old 10-06-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglesworth View Post
I have never heard of "Ideascale" before. If Avid is indeed using it as the main basis on what to fix and adress (as stated in a later post than yours) then maybe they should do a better job of making sure people know about it. Like how about a link at the top of every page on the DUC??
There definitely needs to be a sticky or a separate forum that emphasizes those items at Ideascale that were discussed at length here. It would also allow us to see the progress Avid is making toward addressing some of those requests that affect a large portion of forum member interests. The way it currently stands, Ideascale is a great place for ideas to get lost. Anyway, that's how I see it. But Avid said we had to jump through hoops to get their attention, so we jump through hoops. Who knows what becomes of it, but my legs are sure gettin' tired.

P.S. Rock the vote, people! Vote here: http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/209200-3779 Hey, don't just sit there! RUUUUUUN! GOOOOOO! GET TO THE CHOPPA and VOTE NOW!!!
Old 10-06-2015, 04:20 PM

I agree with you 100%! Maybe if we really rocked it on ideascale as you say Avid may start taking notice and we can monitor their progress way better ... Good thinking! Especially on the idea of a sticky on the forum in a very unsubtle red!
Mac Pro 2x2.8 ghz Intel Zeon, 20 gig ram, Yosemite 10.10.5, Pro Tools 10,11,12.7.1, Logic Pro X 10.2, UA Apollo 16 quad, UA Octo Pcies, Dangerous Music 2 Bus, Antelope Audio Satori, Lynx Studio Hilo, Neve 542, Neve 511, API 505 DI, Bettermaker CV502. Avid Artist Mix, Avid Artist Control, Softube Console 1 mk11.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:45 PM

TBH, we shouldn't even have to vote on something as obvious as this because it affects the underlying functionality of Pro Tools. It's something that tarnishes the entire brand because two products within the same family can't even communicate with each other without the potential of something disastrous happening. This is pretty much the software equivalent of a dysfunctional family.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:50 PM

In an ideal world I would completely agree with you, clearly, however, at this point in time it is less than ideal. My 2cents says it is probably worth a concerted effort to try to fix the family always in the probably vain hope that something good might come from it
Old 10-06-2015, 06:06 PM

Ah, yes. Ideascale. The proverbial "writing on the wall".

But who's looking?

Fool me twice...
Old 10-06-2015, 08:22 PM

What do you stand to lose by voting up ideas that you would like implemented? I think it's worth the click.