Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-31-2002, 07:47 AM

Default Getting Timeout while recording.

I just built a system using the specs from this forum. My system is as follows:

AMD Athlon 1800 XP
ASUS A7M266 Motherboard
256MB of DDR RAM (PC 2100)
ATI Raedon Graphics Card
SB Live (disabled in Pro Tools hardware config, only using as midi sound module)
NIC (disabled in Pro Tools harware config)
I also disabled all COM ports in my Pro Tools Hardware config.

My Digi is on IRQ 5 and is not shared with any other device.

That all being said I'll be moving on...
I was recording all 8 inputs at one time during rehearsal and would only be able to make one successfull recording. I tried to record multiple takes, but kept getting harware interrupt timeouts. I have a killer system (the one that showed to perform the best using the davec test) and am only using on avg. 2 plug-ins per channel (compress and eq). I am also running two aux busses using D-verb and chorus on an aux for the drums (running from 4 tracks), and reverb and delay (running from 2 tracks) for vocals. Can anyone think why it kept stopping recording. I need to figure this out ASAP. We are due in the studio in July and I am sending sessions to our producers in Pro Tools format to give them a better idea of the sonic quality I am looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I defraged my audio drive last night and will try some more before rehearsals this weekend. Thank god, for the DUC.