Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-12-2019, 02:04 PM
Avid

Default Re: Artist Mix EuCon 19.5

The OLED displays not keeping up is known and being posted by a couple of others on here. This is being looked at.
I'm not hearing about those CPU errors though and want to make sure they are not something else or a PT issue.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:33 PM

I had been planning to upgrade to Mojave anyway (Protools was the final jigsaw piece).

I can confirm that the OLED issue persists.

Easy to reproduce with the UAD API Channel Strip
Old 05-12-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
The OLED displays not keeping up is known and being posted by a couple of others on here. This is being looked at.
I'm not hearing about those CPU errors though and want to make sure they are not something else or a PT issue.

This kind of CPU throttle is new to me too. With PT 2018.12, i had the -9173 error during playback, on sessions with ridiculously low cpu usage, but i could move on by clicking "Ok" on the dialog box, change the buffer setting and then continue working....not so good in front of a client, it happened many times though....but better not go there now... This recent behaviour is very strange, i scratched my head when it happened and that why i captured it. I remember what i was doing before the error, clicking on the inserts to recall plugin GUI's, to check the attention on the surface and boom, -9173 error (worths to mention, without playback, session didn't play).
Will try to replicate it tomorrow, to see if will do it again.

I really cannot tell if it is a PT issue, a Eucon one or the conjunction of both. Will test with Eucon disabled to check how PT 2019.5 behaves alone....haven't done that so far, because the surface is always part of any session i work.

PT 2019.5 on Mojave runs better than PT 2018.12 on Sierra on my Mac, with lower buffer settings and less errors, for sure, but still there are some issues, hard to define the cause.

Cheers!
Old 05-12-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Hi Eddie,
Just confirming that I am having these strange OLED issues too (S3 & Dock combo).
Running Mojave 10.14.4.

I did notice the new font being used... I like it a lot!
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 05-13-2019, 03:21 AM

Same here with S3 + Dock. Very Annoying...
Old 05-13-2019, 04:01 AM

I'm seeing it on Mojave

But I was on Mojave with the previous version too and didn't see this.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:12 AM

Default Artist Mix EuCon 19.5

OK. I think I've found what may be the problem.

I think certain plugins are presenting themselves as stock DYN/EQ on the control surface.

As a test, I just created a new/blank session with one stereo track. I inserted Arousor, clicked on the plugin insert so that it was attentioned on my Artist Mix. None of the controls matched the plugin and there were knobs with no labels across the 2 pages of controls. It looked as if it was trying to map the Digi Dynamics plugin. When I looked at the control surface, I noticed that the DYN/EQ button was on. I then clicked on the INPUT/INSERTS button, then selected Arousor using the first knob on the Artist Mix and all the controls were mapped correctly. Both pages. I could go back and forth without issue. If I then clicked the MIX/PAN button so that I was back in standard fader mode, clicked on the Arousor insert in PT, it went back to DYN/EQ and the original problem emerged again.

This didn't happen with Digi Mod Delay when I tested it or AIR Chorus. These both loaded as INPUT/INSERTS when attention via PT. I randomly chose these 2 plugins as they weren't EQ or Dynamics plugins, but were both AVID plugins.

I then did the same thing I did with a Waves Delay plugin and that worked as it should. I then tried it with FF ProQ2 and encountered the same issue I did with Arousor, but this time, rather than having the Digital Dynamics controls it had the Digi 7 band EQ controls.

So yeah - some more info that hopefully helps narrow down this issue.

Last edited by Sardi; 05-13-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:01 AM

Same here, after updating to the latest Eucon 19.5 and firmware v.1.5.6.0, I've got an annoying delay between my artist control and my artist mix when switching from one layout to another. It take almost 2 seconds to refresh artist mix channels when I hit new layout on artist control touch screen surface. (Updated PT to 2019.5 as well.)
Old 05-20-2019, 12:46 AM

Plugin windows that auto-follow the selected channel has stopped working on my rig since the update. I have a Mix and a Control (not the iPad, the real controller) attached. The Control softkeys window has all the font sizes messed up on my custom keys and reacts more sluggish.

Frank.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:24 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
Plugin windows that auto-follow the selected channel has stopped working on my rig since the update. I have a Mix and a Control (not the iPad, the real controller) attached. The Control softkeys window has all the font sizes messed up on my custom keys and reacts more sluggish.
Frank.
Are you on PT 19.5 ?