Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2011, 08:19 AM

Default PT 10 recalculates waveforms multiple times

I opened up a PT 9 session yesterday to do a recall and tweaks on a mix for a client.

Since there were no Elastic Audio tracks, it opened up just fine without the usual "xx rendered files missing" message.

It recalculated all the waveforms, which is usual the first time, and I did a "Save AS" under a new name. I then worked on the mix for about an hour, doing multiple saves during the process. I then printed the mix and closed the session.

TODAY I open the same session and PT 10 recalculates ALL the waveforms in the session AGAIN? This has happened a couple times.

Anybody know why it would need to do this more than once? I did not change any audio files via any sort of Audiosuite processing or anything.
Pro Tools 10/11 HD, Mac OS 10.8.2, Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (June 2012) 64 Gig RAM, Avid HDX Card, OMNI HD I/O, 192 HD 16x16, Artist MC Control, Firewire audio drives, Sony Bravia 42" HDMI monitor, Acer 24" monitor
Old 11-16-2011, 09:20 AM

Default Re: PT 10 recalculates waveforms multiple times

I've seen this, too. PT 10 crashed on me - loop crash, too, which was interesting - while I was changing an input assignment on a track in playback - and upon restarting the CPU and PT, PT had to re-analyze all the waveforms even though it had created the session, recorded all the audio in that session not an hour before, and it boggles my mind.

That, and I started getting -9073's on playback - 22 tracks at 24/96 that had just been tracked. Record song. Playback song. -9073. BS. Had to adjust the disk cache to get it to play back past the intro.

Man, that makes you look *REAL GOOD* in front of clients.

Wow.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:56 AM

Default Re: PT 10 recalculates waveforms multiple times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Russell View Post
PT 10 crashed on me

upon restarting the CPU and PT, PT had to re-analyze all the waveforms even though it had created the session, recorded all the audio in that session not an hour before
I do know that if Pro Tools crashes, and does not have a chance to do it's shutting down of the session completely, there are files that don't get written, and that session will not even be recognized as a "recent session" in the file menu. That may be why it had to recalculate waveforms in this case. Don't know why you're getting all the DAE errors.

In my case, the session had been saved multiple times and upon closing and then reopening the session the next day, it still had to recalculate.
Pro Tools 10/11 HD, Mac OS 10.8.2, Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (June 2012) 64 Gig RAM, Avid HDX Card, OMNI HD I/O, 192 HD 16x16, Artist MC Control, Firewire audio drives, Sony Bravia 42" HDMI monitor, Acer 24" monitor