Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 04-27-2013, 11:09 AM

Default I/O Settings have changed-No sound?????

This Pro Tools is so problematic!!!!!!

I go to my saved Projects & none of them have Sound??????

I get a, "You're I/O has changed since the last time this session was saved.Check the I/O Setups to see what has changed. Some input's were made inactive. Some outputs were made inactive. Some bus paths were made inactive becausetheir mapped output paths are unavailable. Please visit th I/O Setup dialog for more information.

OK. I go to Setup, then I/O, I don't see anything different??? I click Default. Now I got no Tracks listed in window. I try to Undo, no luck.

I check another Project, same issue.

Who changed these Setups while everything was turned off??? What is going on???

I'm about done with Pro Tools. Going back to Tape!!!! Besides all the problems & inferior Sound, I can't depend on Pro Tools. I can't afford the down time. I can't afford to lose entire Project's. Lost Project's equal PO'd & possibly lost client's.

Can anyone tell me how to fix my current problem?

Meanwhile I have to cancel another Recording Session. How embarrassing.

Thanks for letting me vent,

Lars

I'm using Macbook Pro, PT10, Pre Sonus 16.4.2 & Glyph External Hard Drive.

Last edited by larsongs; 05-13-2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: more info
Old 04-27-2013, 11:23 AM

Default Re: I/O Settings have changed-No sound?????

Is your interface still selected in the playback engine?

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 04-27-2013, 11:25 AM

Go to the Pro Tools manual and read the I/O section.

Pay particular note to the critical checkbox that is mentioned.

Then do a search on this board for messages from me regarding the "Default" button.

By then you should be good to go or you should have decided that Pro Tools really is not for you...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 04-27-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
Go to the Pro Tools manual and read the I/O section.

Pay particular note to the critical checkbox that is mentioned.

Then do a search on this board for messages from me regarding the "Default" button.

By then you should be good to go or you should have decided that Pro Tools really is not for you...
Where do I find the Manual? Is it the Search Box?

Thx,

Lars
Old 04-27-2013, 01:50 PM

Lars,

In your 'I/O setup' do you have 'Sessions overite current I/O setup when opened' checked? (it's at the bottom left)

There is a link at the top of the Forum page here that contains the 'Reference Manual' and it can also be found from the Help menu in PT. Ironically, one of the first things the manual deals with is finding and using this help menu. As has been mentioned to you in the past; Pro Tools is not plug and play. If you want your headaches to stop, take some of your valuable time to read the 'reference manual'. You may be pleasantly surprised how well written and informative it can be. For myself, it has been a great help in some of the confusing issues I've had.

Good luck. Have fun splicing tape :P if you decide to leave Pro Tools
MBP 15" High Sierra 10.13.3, i7 2.6Ghz, 8Gb DDR, 750Gb 7200rpm, PT 2019.5, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Octopre MkII, Glyph GPT50, Avalon 737sp, AMS Neve 1073's, API 512c, CAPI 312's, DW drums, Fender Guitars/Amps, AKG, Rode, Sennheiser, Neumann U87 & KM184's, Coles 4038, Equator D5 monitors
Old 05-13-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_daw View Post
Lars,

In your 'I/O setup' do you have 'Sessions overite current I/O setup when opened' checked? (it's at the bottom left)

There is a link at the top of the Forum page here that contains the 'Reference Manual' and it can also be found from the Help menu in PT. Ironically, one of the first things the manual deals with is finding and using this help menu. As has been mentioned to you in the past; Pro Tools is not plug and play. If you want your headaches to stop, take some of your valuable time to read the 'reference manual'. You may be pleasantly surprised how well written and informative it can be. For myself, it has been a great help in some of the confusing issues I've had.

Stuck again! The same problem is back!!! I've read & tried all the applicable Help suggestions, went through the I/O Section of the Manual, checked the "session overwrite I/O setup when opened" Box, did several defaults & re-starts. Still no sound thru External Monitors, Headphones etc.

What am I missing?

Lars
Old 05-13-2013, 07:24 PM

Did you UNcheck that box in the IO setup window?(you should). Then, while the IO setup is open, click on the Bus tab and scroll down. If you see anything in italics, uncheck that as well. People crabbed for years for more than 32 buses and starting in PT 9, Avid delivered. Unfortunately, its not perfect(yet, anyway). Also, as said, go to Setup>Hardware and make certain your desired interface IS the selected audio engine. If it keeps changing that, it could be how you fire up your system(best is to turn ON the interface before you boot the computer). If you forget and have the interface turned OFF or disconnected when you open Pro Tools, it will/may default to your onboard audio.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-17-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_daw View Post
Lars,

Are you recommending reading the 1000+ page Manual?
Old 08-27-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatMakeUfologistic View Post
Nice to found you.. i saw your comments and in my opinion you are professional and can help me about 003 rack: 003 Rack bought from eBay black lion mode, Imac 🖥 2013 27 inch i7 10.11.6, 003 Driver 11.1.5, Pro tools 12.6.1. 003 work and host in PT recognized all must be ok but; no recording and no sound from 1-2 main output monitors. (Sounds only From Outputs 12345678 inputs 12345678 no reconstruction in PT the
IO missing paths and no matches between pt and 003 in IO My conclusion. Please inform what wrong from my side? My email; [email protected]
This what I found for my situation.... Hope it helps.. Good luck..

I went back to Google, no help. Then YouTube & watched a guy who couldn't find his ass with two hands. Went to PT Manual still nada.

I'm thinking it's gotta be something but what? Went back to the Interface Manual still nothing.

I happened to look over art the Interface & notice the Firewire buttons for Output Channels were switched off. Turned them back on & I've got sound. Not sure how they got switched off but I'm back in business.