Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2013, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Well check your Disk Allocation (from the Setup menu) and there you'll see path to each and every track. There is also a possibility for "round-robin" allocation, which means that the software evenly distributes tracks to all your record drives.

But before you try that you should open your Workspace Manager and set that system drive to "T" (transfer) and not "P" (playback) or "R" (record). That is the only way to be sure that you only have system files on a system drive. If you try, you'll get an error.
Just now saw this reply. Thank you. Where do I find "Workspace Manager"?
Old 12-07-2013, 12:05 PM

Also, my newest question: I am relatively new to Pro Tools, having a problem with my new EZdrummer software. It seemed to be "playing nice" with Pro Tools 11: I can add EZdrummer in a stereo track and the track levels read the "sound" of the drumkit. However, when I initialize the transport to actually record, I just get a "flatline" on the read out graph and, of course, nothing upon playback. What am I possibly doing wrong? Please excuse my jargon, I am pretty new to Pro Tools and computing. I will say that y'all are always a great and encouraging help. Patiently awaiting any and all feedback concerning my latest matter. Thank you in advance!
Old 12-07-2013, 12:22 PM

Default Pro Tools 11 Beginner

Please follow the DUC forum rules/etiquette and post once per problem/topic, You have already started another new thread for this question. Spamming questions in multiple places often ends up with a mess of uncoordinated/confusing questions and replies and just annoying other users. See my comments/questions on that other thread.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwnthbttns View Post
Just now saw this reply. Thank you. Where do I find "Workspace Manager"?
Open the Pro Tools Reference Guide and do a search for the word workspace. There's a summary on page 17, and a link to the Workspace Browsers (chapter 16) in the manual.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Please follow the DUC forum rules/etiquette and post once per problem/topic, You have already started another new thread for this question. Spamming questions in multiple places often ends up with a mess of uncoordinated/confusing questions and replies and just annoying other users. See my comments/questions on that other thread.
Thanks for the tip, Darryl. My bad. All apologies.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, Darryl. My bad. All apologies.
Recording, playback, and mixing going fairly well. No problem using PT11 supplied plug in "effects" while mixing. EZdrummer working fine as well, thanks to your suggestions. New problem, though: I purchased and downloaded/installed Melodyne Essential (64 bit) for tweaking my vocals. When I go to the drop down menu to utilize Melodyne as a plug in, it does not appear ANYWHERE as a selection choice. From what I can see on You Tube, etc., Melodyne should appear as a choice under "instrument". It is not there or anywhere else. I am assuming that their must be some setup option or something like that that I have failed to select properly. Totally stymied. Any suggestions from the wise folk on the front line as to what I could possibly have done (or not done)? Patiently awaiting advice and instruction,

Matthew
Old 12-13-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Recording, playback, and mixing going fairly well. No problem using PT11 supplied plug in "effects" while mixing. EZdrummer working fine as well, thanks to your suggestions. New problem, though: I purchased and downloaded/installed Melodyne Essential (64 bit) for tweaking my vocals. When I go to the drop down menu to utilize Melodyne as a plug in, it does not appear ANYWHERE as a selection choice. From what I can see on You Tube, etc., Melodyne should appear as a choice under "instrument". It is not there or anywhere else. I am assuming that their must be some setup option or something like that that I have failed to select properly. Totally stymied. Any suggestions from the wise folk on the front line as to what I could possibly have done (or not done)? Patiently awaiting advice and instruction,

Matthew

Melodyne if installed correctly appears under "other" and if there is anything melodyne under instruments do not use that now. Start Melodyne under Other and see. It is only Melodyne Editor 2.X that works with PT11 so Melodyne Studio 3 doesn't work in PT11 yet, update ypur Melo Editor to the latest update and then it will appear under Other in the plugin Menu.

Best
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-13-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Melodyne if installed correctly appears under "other" and if there is anything melodyne under instruments do not use that now. Start Melodyne under Other and see. It is only Melodyne Editor 2.X that works with PT11 so Melodyne Studio 3 doesn't work in PT11 yet, update ypur Melo Editor to the latest update and then it will appear under Other in the plugin Menu.

Best
Christopher
I can't afford Editor just yet, so what I have installed for now is Melodyne Essential. I was told by my salesperson at Sweetwater that Essential is compatible with PT 11. Is that not true?
Old 12-13-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I can't afford Editor just yet, so what I have installed for now is Melodyne Essential. I was told by my salesperson at Sweetwater that Essential is compatible with PT 11. Is that not true?
Ah I thought you meant Melodyne Studio as that isn't AAX64 bit yet but aacording to Celemony website Essentials should work. We only have the Bifg Bundle with Studio 3 and that includes Editor so I didn't know about the versions under but yes, it is AAX64 if you look here http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=melodyne211

So .. Have you installed the update so you have latest version of that?

You need to use Melodyne on an Audio Track and it should be under other.
Here is a video showing that process http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.ph...deos&tab=3#top

If so I would re-install and do the whole preferences, plist and dae folder delete and try again.

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-13-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Ah I thought you meant Melodyne Studio as that isn't AAX64 bit yet but aacording to Celemony website Essentials should work. We only have the Bifg Bundle with Studio 3 and that includes Editor so I didn't know about the versions under but yes, it is AAX64 if you look here http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=melodyne211

So .. Have you installed the update so you have latest version of that?

You need to use Melodyne on an Audio Track and it should be under other.
Here is a video showing that process http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.ph...deos&tab=3#top

If so I would re-install and do the whole preferences, plist and dae folder delete and try again.

Chris
Thanks much, Christopher. I was worried there for a minute... At any rate, I will try your suggestions first thing tomorrow after I rest my brain for a bit.

I am pretty sure that I downloaded the PT 11 compatible update, but I will double check. When I go to download, it gives me some choices. Do I want to download the 32 bit AND the 64 bit or just the 64 bit? A little unclear on that.

Also, could you please elaborate on what you mean by "If so I would re-install and do the whole preferences, plist and dae folder delete and try again". I want to, if necessary, follow your instructions explicitly and get things working correctly. I am pretty new to all of this, and am unclear on some this terminology.

Thanks again for your kindness and patience with a "newbie",

Matthew