Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 03-30-2017, 06:53 PM

Default IP Audio Interface

Hi,

I'm currently researching a decent, cost effective IP based Audio interface for an installation with PT12 and was wondering if anyone else had any experience.

Our office is in a broadcast environment and the on air studios are already completely axia/livewire based for IP audio routing and control, and we are looking to upgrade our Production studios to comply. Other standards that i'm aware are, obviously, Dante and then also Ravenna, although I actually have no idea if either are compatible with livewire.

We cannot make use of the standard interfaces provided by axia and telos as they don't fit the budget constraints for the IO they provide.
An Axia xnode would almost be ideal, although the're essentially a 4x4 interface, but with no capability to mix the outputs. We need at least one virtual mixer for a headphone feed. xNodes are also overly expensive as they seem to own the market.

Our production studios are fairly simple, and the most common setup is a Producer and the editor in the control room with two outputs (monitors and headphones) A mic for talk back to the voice booth. In the voice booth there is generally two mics, but can be up to six, and headphones. The voice booth headphones will need a mix of the protools output, producer mic and the voice mics.

As far as out studio setup goes, required IO;
-At least 8 mic inputs
-At least 4 analog line outputs.
-At least one virtual mixer.

It seems probably far fetched as the requirements are so small and IP interfaces are generally designed to handle a lot more, but I thought i'd as ask and see if there might be some hardware that would be suitable.

Cheers,

Last edited by CCSCA; 03-30-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:47 PM

Default Re: IP Audio Interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSCA View Post
Hi,

I'm currently researching a decent, cost effective IP based Audio interface for an installation with PT12 and was wondering if anyone else had any experience.

Our office is in a broadcast environment and the on air studios are already completely axia/livewire based for IP audio routing and control, and we are looking to upgrade our Production studios to comply. Other standards that i'm aware are, obviously, Dante and then also Ravenna, although I actually have no idea if either are compatible with livewire.

We cannot make use of the standard interfaces provided by axia and telos as they don't fit the budget constraints for the IO they provide.
An Axia xnode would almost be ideal, although the're essentially a 4x4 interface, but with no capability to mix the outputs. We need at least one virtual mixer for a headphone feed. xNodes are also overly expensive as they seem to own the market.

Our production studios are fairly simple, and the most common setup is a Producer and the editor in the control room with two outputs (monitors and headphones) A mic for talk back to the voice booth. In the voice booth there is generally two mics, but can be up to six, and headphones. The voice booth headphones will need a mix of the protools output, producer mic and the voice mics.

As far as out studio setup goes, required IO;
-At least 8 mic inputs
-At least 4 analog line outputs.
-At least one virtual mixer.

It seems probably far fetched as the requirements are so small and IP interfaces are generally designed to handle a lot more, but I thought i'd as ask and see if there might be some hardware that would be suitable.

Cheers,

Maybe a Hapi from Merging? http://www.merging.com/horus