Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Xfer

Default LFOTool AAX

Hi,

I'm the LFOTool programmer and owner of Xfer - I just want to introduce myself as I'm new around these parts!
My name is Steve Duda, die-hard ProTools users may faintly remember me when I worked for AVID/Digidesign waaaay back in the late 1990's!

My first AAX Plugin has just been released: LFOTool. It has grown to be a very popular plugin in the electronic music community over the last year or two.

Considering its uses in mixing, LFOTool seemed like the most sensible place to begin porting my plugins to the AAX platform.
As a mix engineer myself (Will-I-Am / Justin Bieber, and many many EDM artists) LFOTool is the only plugin that I've made which I use on mixdowns constantly!
I'd be happy to share some of the techniques how I use LFOTool in mixing, if there is interest.

LFOTool costs $50 and there is a demo version available.

http://www.xferrecords.com

-Steve

Last edited by steve_xer; 11-26-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: LFOTool AAX

Hi Steve, glad to see you here! Good times back in the Palo Alto Digi days.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:30 PM

I've bought all the Xfer plugs, great to see this in AAX format. It's not just for dance music and that heavy sidechained pumping style btw, great for creating gates, or adding simple or complex rhythmic effects to anything. And delve down into the menu options and find the really odd filter options "reverb"/"formant" , great stuff.

*I am not a paid lackey btw!*

Sooooo looking forward to Nerve coming to PT at some point. It's kind of what Transfuser should have been. I'm in electronic/dance/pop but I can't help but think that sometimes the feel of Xfer's plugs puts producers from other areas off it - it shouldn't.

Nerve's also a great way of playing REX/WAV loops/ or programming ala Drum Machine style against your PT project. Drag and drop it from Nerve and render it to your project. Currently I use it via VEP, earlier (Nerve v1) on VST wrapper and also now Patchwork and Blue Cat Mixer but if AAX works it will be awesome and less clunky than these methods.

Just enthusing about a plug, and a developer that responds on his forum. Thumbs up!
Old 11-26-2013, 02:50 PM

Thanks Steve-

It's great to see this!

+1 on this being useful for much more than EDM. I do some EDM stuff but have found LFO tool all over even rock band mixes, thinks like adding a subtle up-beat pulse to a bass line etc.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:56 PM

Hey Steve, it's great to see you on the DUC!

LFOTool is f*ing awesome. I really enjoy using it and it's so much more than what I imagined. I run my Tempest and Prophet 08 straight into Pro Tools and the sound shaping from LFOTool makes them come alive. After envying my peers who use LFOTool in Logic and Live, I can finally say I understand why they swear by it. Just ask Zomboy!

I really look forward to the Cthulu and Nerve being released for AAX. And thank you VERY much for supporting the Pro Tools community!
Old 11-26-2013, 06:28 PM

Really enjoying LFOTool here, had not used it before but I tried the demo a couple of days ago and bought it straight away. Great stuff Steve!
Old 11-27-2013, 01:17 AM

Looks like a great tool. It'd be great if you could share some tips and tricks on how to use it.
Mac OS X 10.9

"We might be morons but we're a bunch"
Old 12-02-2013, 10:00 AM
Xfer

I will do this, a video would probably make it better. I should be able to Thursday! There's been a delay with thanksgiving travel, and now a client booking me solid...
Old 12-02-2013, 10:19 AM

Rhythmic gating, you say? While I'm not a fan of EDM myself, there are quite a few useful techniques that are used in the genre. I'll check this out. Thanks, Steve.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_xer View Post
I will do this, a video would probably make it better. I should be able to Thursday! There's been a delay with thanksgiving travel, and now a client booking me solid...
Thanks Steve, it would be a great starting point to using this great plugin
Mac OS X 10.9

"We might be morons but we're a bunch"