Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2016, 09:12 PM

Default Eleven Rack power over midi mod.

I am running my eleven Rack with a Behringer FCB1010 foot controller. Got tired of too many damn cables so I went and modded the FCB1010 so it runs off of 12vDC from the spare midi pins on the midi out (No more AC power cord needed for the FCB!).
I went to the trouble of building a midi power injector cable (using a plug in wall "wart" spliced to a midi cable near the back of the 11R) and then I wondered what the 11r was using internally as a power supply. It's long out of warranty so I cracked it open and took a voltmeter to it. It turns out it runs internally on 12VDC!!! So I shelved the power injector cable idea and just ran a couple of leads from the internal power supply to the spare midi pins inside the 11r. Now when I power up the 11r it also powers and communicates with the FCB1010 over a standard midi cable!

Here is the FCB1010 mod that I used--it works great! Plus you can still use the AC power cord if you wish. It automatically switches to whichever power source is plugged in.

http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/pdf/fcb10...%20adaptor.pdf

The 11R side of the mod was even easier, no components needed, just a couple of wires.

I can post some pix if anybody cares.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack power over midi mod.

Great job!!!
I will finish assembling the midi footcontroller I developped for 11R and will post some pics soon.