Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2014, 04:50 AM

Default S3L(-X) faders stuck or not responsive

Hi, I detect more then a few stuck faders, and almost as often, a fader becomes unresponsive- the link between the software and physical fader (singular not all faders) is broken. The effected fader is not constant.
When a Stuck Fader report appears, I can select reset faders, however, I will not always like to initiate a reset mid- song or event, as I can adjust level in the software, or reconfigure User layer and get the adjustment there.
Now, when a fader looses connection no Fader Stuck alert appears so the option of reset faders is not available.
I understand this is a probably a protective reaction, and probably an issue with thresholds of a hindered fader when flipping or switching layers.

So I feel the urgent need for an option to reset a single fader, or at least an option to reset all faders without resetting the complete surface (as this mutes all surface inputs and outputs, causes less to flash and leaves me with mouse/touch control for a minute.)

This may be connoted with the "hindered fader position memory" (at least in 4.1) when flipping or switching layers; When holding faders for a long enough period-less then a second) when flipping or changing fader operation, the next operation inherits level form the faders actual position.

There is also the Plugin GUI issue, 1176 comp locks the meter at full left position, and I have the MH pac installed with meters only active when the Plugin preset window is open

Anyone else experienced this or do I have a buggy system?

S3L, MacBook Pro(thunderbolt), PT11
Old 11-10-2014, 08:22 AM

Default Re: S3L(-X) faders stuck or not responsive

Hi, these are know issues, stuck faders happen more on some systems, none on others. VU style metering issue is also known. Actually there is a way to reset only the controls on S3, I think you must hold Control when you right-click on your Devices tab to enable hidden commands.