Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2011, 07:40 PM

Angry No sound in protools10

I am a new user. I had a system custom-built to use with Pro Tools and installed 9.0 and after the very common negative experience issues with this software -- iLOK anyone -- I was up and running... then comes 10.0.

I upgraded and now cannot get sound to work from Pro Tools 10. Everything seems to have been installed fine but I cannot hear anything from this version... after awhile I will go back to 9.05 or even bite the financial bullet and go to a more stable software, as far as user experience says.

For what we pay for this software, I am very disappointed in what we get for the money and Avid should be ashamed of themselves for putting out something of this calibre -- (Microsoft has nothing on you Avid when it comes to buggy software, in my opinion) and we are a foolish bunch for not being more vocal than we currently are about the non-functioning software I have experienced since Pro Tools 9.0. Who tests this thing before they release it into the wild? And which kind of person have the nerve to charge a price for buggy software besides Microsoft? Now where is the revolt...?

Anyway, that is my gripe. I am very upset and disappointed after all the troubles we have experienced with this software so early into this venture. I just wished I had found this site before I plunked down as much monies as I have so far for computer, Pro Tools 9, MBox and now MBOX Pro3 and now Pro Tools 10 then I would have gone MAC.

If anyone can -- please help me get some noise from my speakers via Pro Tools 10. I thank you in advance.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:17 AM

Default Re: No sound in protools10

PT10 on win7. After installing make sure that you have installed the latest drivers including the Midi update. Also make sure that you have disabled any motherboard sound options. If protools 10 works and crashes from time to time I would try another graphics card especially Radeon as that was the problem I had. Nvidia GT worked but pt10 crashed. Changed to radeon e voila.
F
Old 11-23-2011, 08:32 AM

Have you checked your I/O and bus routing? Perhaps something changed when you opened 10 for the first time and your output isn't enabled anymore. You could simply delete the existing I/O and just recreate it easily enough just to be sure it is correct.

Also be sure you have your MBox Pro 3 setup to route audio to the outputs you are listening to.

PT10 is working quite well here on Win7.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:30 AM

make sure the sample rate in the new session is the same as the sample rate in the older session ...

if u r trying to open a old session recorded n pt9 at, i.e. (16/44 bit/sample rate) in PT10 u have to must use the same (16/44 bit/sample rate)

Or!!! u came open a new session in pt10 set ur sample rate at (24/48) which is kinda the industry standard...and import ur old session from 9 into 10....
Old 05-16-2012, 03:13 PM

"I upgraded and now cannot get sound to work from Pro Tools 10."

I had a very similar issue, yet my solution was simple. Launch PT10 select Setup > Playback Engine > and the correct Output device. In my case it was Digidesign FW 002 Rack...bada boom bada bing...the only problem after that was I was bent over in front of my monitors (which were powered and plugged into the Main phono jacks in the rear) OUCH it was loud...switch my plugs to Mon and ahhhh...