Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 09-09-2017, 04:25 PM

Default I really made a mess of my disk allocation pls help

Long story short I have stuff all over the place for 6 songs with a client due to a poor start on a time crunch.

The root cause was that I was importing his session into a template session then doing a save as between each song/session.
Also I was removing the clips from the session (not deleting) to make things somewhat organized.
I forgot to do a save as between songs.
However I thankfully just did saves on the template session after every take...
I have looked through all of the backups and found the most current version of the session for each song.

My question is now at this point how can I save these to a new location that will transfer only the audio showing in that session and have it be a new link to that file and whatnot so when I send it to this client he can pull it up without missing audio?
Old 09-09-2017, 04:50 PM

Default Re: I really made a mess of my disk allocation pls help

To add to this cluster of fun, I am now blue screening opening all of these sessions on my home system... when it rains it pours I guess
Old 09-09-2017, 05:07 PM

well opening them on PT12 blue screens me but opening them on PT10 does not (on the same system)...
Old 09-10-2017, 05:27 AM

Save Session Copy with the Audio Files box checked.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:09 AM

Consolidate first and bounce the audio to wave formats.. then copy to the pt10 version...thts the onlyway it can be read on diffrence version of pt..hope it can help..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2017, 08:21 AM

Im not a really expert and whether my answer is answering your question or not because your question is not specific whether your client want to save overall mix audio or audio track by track...from my knowledge , what you can do :

Save track by track - consolidate first then save the project. And then go to your project save storage , for example hd1 or hd2 , searching for a folder contains audio that you been save earlier on hardisk on the name project . The audio file should be in that folder...hoping this will help you

Old 09-11-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvly5t View Post
My question is now at this point how can I save these to a new location that will transfer only the audio showing in that session and have it be a new link to that file and whatnot so when I send it to this client he can pull it up without missing audio?
Once you get a session open for a song you want to export, do a "select unused clips" and then "clear selected". Mac keyboard shortcuts are Shft+Cmd+B and Shft+Cmd+U. Once you've cleared theunused clips, do a "Save Copy In..." and check the "Audio Files" box. This will save a new session with just the audio files you need to open and do what you need with what is on your timeline currently in your session.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:52 PM

Sorry for the late reply but I figured out the issue I was having with disk allocation but when trying to figure this out initially I was having crashes. Has anyone else had crashes trying to open PT sessions on a different system then they were created on? Source session was PT 9 HD on Mac Pro then crashes on PT 12 PC (PC is plenty capable) on the same PC, PT 10 does not induce crash

Old 10-02-2017, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvly5t View Post
Sorry for the late reply but I figured out the issue I was having with disk allocation but when trying to figure this out initially I was having crashes. Has anyone else had crashes trying to open PT sessions on a different system then they were created on? Source session was PT 9 HD on Mac Pro then crashes on PT 12 PC (PC is plenty capable) on the same PC, PT 10 does not induce crash

The PT9 session - does it fully reside on the PT12 system or are you trying to bring it in off a drive that was connected to the Mac at one time? If the latter copy the session to the PT12 system then open from there.

QAPLA!
Old 10-02-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The PT9 session - does it fully reside on the PT12 system or are you trying to bring it in off a drive that was connected to the Mac at one time? If the latter copy the session to the PT12 system then open from there.

It was created and worked off of a USB external drive. That same drive was plugged into my home system and crashing began shortly after. Keep in mind I did not experience crashing at first. I was having to cycle back into session file back ups bc of the issue I first talked about. Initially I thought the session files were corrupted but PT 10 doesn't crash with these at all only 12. Also slight revision the source version of PT was 8 not 9 if that matters.