Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2006, 08:54 AM

Default enabling low-latency monitoring

Hi,
I'm using the 1010LT with Protools m-powered 7 and am having a decent amount of trouble bringing the latency down to a reasonable point, even with the buffers set to the min. In the Hardware panel it tells me that "low-latency monitoring is not enabled" but can be turned on from within the M-Audio 1010LT control panel. This option does not exist in the control panel.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:18 PM

Default hellooo?

does Digidesign simply ignore posts they dont want to look into??
Old 06-07-2006, 11:33 PM

Default Re: enabling low-latency monitoring

Quote:
Hi,
I'm using the 1010LT with Protools m-powered 7 and am having a decent amount of trouble bringing the latency down to a reasonable point, even with the buffers set to the min. In the Hardware panel it tells me that "low-latency monitoring is not enabled" but can be turned on from within the M-Audio 1010LT control panel. This option does not exist in the control panel.
Give us more info, computer specs, etc... Also, there is no Pro Tools software "Low-Latency Monitoring" like you have with LE/002. Yes you can monitor via the 1010LT control panel, resulting in little latency but then you wouldn't be able to monitor through PT (Faders, Pan, etc)... If you want to monitor through PT, set your computer buffer to 128. I have mine at 256 and all is pretty good. Also, adding plug-ins to your master buss WILL create serious latency.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:02 AM

It is pro-tools m-powered that tells me low-latency monitoring can only be enabled from the control panel (setup > hardware)
Perhaps it's just a remnant of the LE interface. But shouldn't all versions of Pro Tools be zero latency by now? Put up against other audio apps, thats a pretty significant downfall...
Old 06-08-2006, 03:45 AM

Quote:
It is pro-tools m-powered that tells me low-latency monitoring can only be enabled from the control panel (setup > hardware)
Perhaps it's just a remnant of the LE interface. But shouldn't all versions of Pro Tools be zero latency by now? Put up against other audio apps, thats a pretty significant downfall...
Messenger, both have their advantages and disadvantages. You see Pro Tools LE has a "Low Latency Monitoring" mode from within the software and M-Powered uses a Control Panel to do almost vitually the same. I don't often use LE so I can't really tell you if it's best for you but I've never had a problem with the Delta 1010, Firewire 1814 or AP 192 regarding latency. Like I said, I usually set to 256, monitor in PT on of I go...

Hope this helps a little...
Old 06-08-2006, 09:11 PM

who knows, it might just be the 1010LT, its only had one driver update since they've gone m-powered....
Pro Tools itself runs awesome, no hesitation. Just cant have the buffer any higher then 128 unless I can learn to play a note half a beat early.

I'm running osx 10.4 on a G5 Powermac dual 2.3, 1.5 GB ram, 2 hard drives (osx,data)