Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 12-09-2014, 03:14 AM

Default AAF and OMF export issue pro tools 11

Hi
i don't know if anyone else is having this issue.
I've received an AAF of part of a film project, from which I need to do some score editing.
The AAF has no automation or fades included. So after some back and forwarding between studios, they've sent me the pro tools file to export my own session data. They don't want me to work within their project as it a massive mix and the score editing I'm doing with the director is very small.
Anyway, they want me to to re submit the score as an aaf for them when we're finished - they delete that section of score and replace with my AAF.
Whatever I do I don't seem to be able to get an AAF or OMF to export with all of the automation and fades so I can work on the score edit with the levels/ fades as they were in the pro tools project. I've tried every-way possible (check / unchecked avid compatibility, unchecked quantise to frames etc...nothing.
Each time I export the omf different bits will embed into the omf but never everything. The missing bits are different each time.The AAF I can't get to export automation at all, so kind of gave up there.
Is it a bug? Or am I doing something a bit thick :) I've only just moved onto pro tools 11 - I don't recall ever really having any issues with aafs or omf's on pro tools 10. But also I don't remember exporting them with such a large amount of automation and fades. But I guess as long as the file size is under 2gb it shouldn't matter?
Any suggestions or anyone else had the same issue?

www.theeastwing.co.uk

www.richmccoull.co.uk
Old 12-09-2014, 11:48 AM

Default Re: AAF and OMF export issue pro tools 11

11 what?
there were some problems in the early builds

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

PT11 System Requirements link http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/C...m-Requirements

Thank you,

Craig