Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2009, 09:29 AM

Exclamation Mbox 2 failed firmware update!! Help!

Hey guys,

I recently tried to update the firmware on my Mbox 2 from 1.38 to 1.43 and it quit halfway through the "downloading" process. Now my Mbox 2 will not power on (no green lights) and is obviously not recognizeable by my iMac or Windows laptop. I read somewhere that if you load Pro Tools onto a Windows computer and connect the Mbox, it can automatically flash the firmware if it needs to...Is this true? I feel really stupid now for trying to update my firmware, its just that I was having problems every other day with getting sound out of the Mbox. What can I do to get my Mbox 2 up and running again with my Pro Tools 8 LE setup?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Mbox 2 failed firmware update!! Help!

I have had several mBox Pros lose there firmware
using a Windows machine did the trick (some times it takes more than one try)

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 07-02-2009, 11:49 AM

Thanks for your response, Craig.

I have tried to load Pro Tools LE 8 onto my Windows laptop, however it does not meet the RAM requirement and the installer quits. Would it be just as effective to run bootcamp/ parallels on one of my Mac computers and install the windows version of Pro Tools that way?

Thanks guys.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:19 PM

Hey guys, any suggestions about being able to flash it on a mac running bootcamp/parallels? Unfortunately I can't get Pro Tools onto the laptop because it does not meet the system requirements...What can I do to get the firmware back onto my Mbox?
Old 07-10-2009, 03:20 PM

please?
Old 07-25-2009, 07:56 AM

So I still have not been able to get my Mbox 2 working. Yesterday I loaded ProTools 8 LE onto a friends laptop running Windows Vista and tried getting it to recognize my firmware-less Mbox for about an hour with no luck. I'm assuming I have to use a computer with XP. If anyone could help me I'd be extremely appreciative. Any word on whether or not Bootcamp on a mac would work?

Please help....
Old 07-29-2009, 08:24 AM

I still need help guys...I really don't know what else to do. Without firmware my mbox is toast and I'm totally screwed. Isn't there anyone that can offer help? I've looked everywhere...
Old 07-30-2009, 02:58 PM

Greetings,
Did you call Digidesign ? I guess it should be examined by a professional and repaired. Still under warranty ?
Good luck anyway !
Old 08-09-2009, 06:48 PM

Unhappy Re: Mbox 2 failed firmware update!! Help!

It is not under warranty anymore...I have now tried to load Pro Tools 8 LE onto two Windows XP laptops, but I obviously can't get into the program once it loads up because it cannot locate my Mbox 2 hardware. If anyone is able to help me, please please please post a response. I'm really at a loss of what I should do. I feel that my only option is to sell the "broken" Mbox 2 on eBay for chump change and then buy a new one with a warranty in case this happens again. This really is a disappointment...

So if anyone can help, please write me a message. Thanks so much in advance.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:59 PM

if the free standing updater is not working http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...&categoryid=36

I would find out what the repair charge for it would be http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...78&itemid=4876

usually it is a flat rate so they should be able to give you a price before you send it off

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig