Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2013, 05:46 AM

Default STRIKE! Dropping Styles And Changing Kits On The Fly?

I've been using STRIKE since the 1.0 days. Weird thing has hapened to a STYLE I have been using for years. It will run fine and then about 1:45 into a track it SWITCHES Styles and Kits and the Intensity goes from 78% to ZERO!

If I double click on the STYLE it restores itself for a short period and then does it again....Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

If I use a different Kit the same the happens.

Trashed the DBs and Prefs too...same thing happens.

Buffers? Doesn't matter...set from 64 thru 512 and it does the same thing.

Deinstalled PT back to 10.3.6...same thing. Reinstalled PT 10.3.7...same thing.

A sample song where this happens has TWO tracks...EZ Keys Piano and Strike for Drums and both are Stereo Instrument tracks so this is not a resource issue.

I'm using a Quad Core Xeon machine, 8GB RAM, Win 7 64-Bit SP1, plenty of disk space too.

Both Drives have been Defragged.

Everything is up to date. PT 10.3.7, Strike 1.5.1.15293, Delta 66 interface up to date as well as Midi Sport Drivers.

I am also using Axiom 49 for trigger the Strike patterns. I use Strike in Latch mode and Content is set for >400MB

Any ideas?

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 08-15-2013, 06:32 AM

Default Re: STRIKE! Dropping Styles And Changing Kits On The Fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWing View Post
I've been using STRIKE since the 1.0 days. Weird thing has hapened to a STYLE I have been using for years. It will run fine and then about 1:45 into a track it SWITCHES Styles and Kits and the Intensity goes from 78% to ZERO!

If I double click on the STYLE it restores itself for a short period and then does it again....Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

If I use a different Kit the same the happens.

Trashed the DBs and Prefs too...same thing happens.

Buffers? Doesn't matter...set from 64 thru 512 and it does the same thing.

Deinstalled PT back to 10.3.6...same thing. Reinstalled PT 10.3.7...same thing.

A sample song where this happens has TWO tracks...EZ Keys Piano and Strike for Drums and both are Stereo Instrument tracks so this is not a resource issue.

I'm using a Quad Core Xeon machine, 8GB RAM, Win 7 64-Bit SP1, plenty of disk space too.

Both Drives have been Defragged.

Everything is up to date. PT 10.3.7, Strike 1.5.1.15293, Delta 66 interface up to date as well as Midi Sport Drivers.

I am also using Axiom 49 for trigger the Strike patterns. I use Strike in Latch mode and Content is set for >400MB

Any ideas?
Any automation present? What happens if you export the MIDI to a a new session?

Frankly I haven't seen this and Strike has always taken a fairly long time to load kits here. So the idea of it switching kit mid song seems strange.

Does the kit or style change happen at the same time as a note or MIDI event? Is it possible that somehow you triggered this change on a previous pass and the data got recorded with the track? Or even some type of MIDI corruption issue. Importing the tracks into a new session may help determine this.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 08-15-2013, 07:27 AM

No automation at all...BUT...now that you mentioned Midi Corruption...

Went into the Midi Event List just before this starts and sure enough....4 or 5 occurances of what appeared to be the Intensity parameter nosediving to ZERO!

Deleted them out and there you have it...FIXED!

Weirdest thing I've ever seen or had happen using STRIKE!

Thank you so much SB79.

www.LightWingStudios.com

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 08-15-2013, 04:53 PM

As an update I went back into the Midi Events list and cleaned out ALOT of trash that seemed to get generated. I only want keyboard notes to trigger the STRIKE patterns and nothing else...runs sweet! :)

www.LightWingStudios.com