How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2011, 02:45 PM

Default Locate Cursor To Start Of Region/Edit Selection

I have been hunting for the key command to locate the playback cursor to the start of a region/edit selection and can't find it. To clarify, I do not want to loop select, or split the cursor over, the whole region in the way it does by default with link timeline/edit selection or by pressing the o key in keyboard focus mode. I have figured how to play from start of edit selection/region in various ways, but hunt as I may I can't find a way to set the cursor there for quick focus on a time location. When I use link timeline/edit selection or play from the start of edit selection, after playing through selection the cursor gets left following the edit selection/region rather than before and this is no help for me lining up other regions, syncing, or just focusing in on a point to edit.

Anyone help with this? It's slowing me down.

Thanks!!!