How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2011, 10:29 AM

Default Question about installing TL Space Native DVD / Removing Trial Version

HI there-
I recently downloaded the free trial of TL Space Native- and I also downloaded some of the additional impulse responses from the TL Space Impulse Response Library, (like Churches, Core Effects Impressions, Cosmic and Industrial, etc) from the below page:

http://www.avid.com/US/products/TL-S...sponse-Library

This trial has expired and I now have purchased the TL Space Native DVD, which I just got in the mail. My question is: do I need to uninstall my trial version that I downloaded, and if so, do I also uninstall all those extra Impulse Responses that I downloaded to go with it? Or is this automatically taken care of when I install the actual DVD?

thanks!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Question about installing TL Space Native DVD / Removing Trial Version

You don't need to do anything with the DVD. You've already got the latest version of the program installed, and you can download the rest of the impulse responses from the site.

If you bought it brand new, upon registering the product, an Ilok license will be sent to your account. You download the license to your Ilok and that's it. When your Ilok is plugged in, TL Space will see that it's a permanent license.

If you bought the license off someone else, the same principle applies. Download it to your Ilok and that's it.

This applies to most Ilok based programs. The demo version is the same as the full version, it's just the license that's different. There are a few exceptions I think, like the Slate Digital stuff.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Question about installing TL Space Native DVD / Removing Trial Version

OK thanks so much-
Yes, I bought it new- but since I don't really need to do anything with the DVD, how do I register it online? Is there a registration code somewhere in the packaging? (I haven't even opened the DVD package yet)
thanks!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:18 AM

I believe the page you're looking for is here, along with a diagram on the right side showing what's what:

http://www.avid.com/US/support/register/audio

Note the difference between Registration ID and serial number (this may not apply to a plugin, but rather just hardware. I don't know, it's been a while since I registered a plugin).

The important thing is, once you get the product registered, the Avid site will automatically send an Ilok license to your Ilok account (it will ask for your user ID). You then download the license to your Ilok and you're good to go. The permanent license can live alongside the expired demo license, but if you have a second Ilok you may want to use that to transfer expired demo licenses to it and keep your main Ilok uncluttered.

After that, the only other thing is that you mentioned that you downloaded "some" of the impulse responses. You may want to check which ones you still need and download those as well.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:38 PM

got it,thanks!!!