Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 07-22-2013, 02:05 PM

Default Help! Latency problems on Pro Tools 10 with Tascam US-2000

I am needing help getting my Tascam US-2000 to work with Pro Tools 10. I am having trouble with latency issues. I have tried setting the latency to allow the highest latency on the Tascam control panel, though Pro Tools will not even open when this setting is enacted, instead giving the message "The selected ASIO device could not be initialized. Please choose another audio device." When the latency is set on just "High latency", Pro Tools will open. However, after about five minutes, I will experience delays and then clicks, pops, and noise. I have gone to the playback settings in Pro Tools to try and fix this but I do not know what to set them on in order to solve the problem. I have tried setting the delay compensation to short, long, and maximum. And the buffer rate is locked in at 256 samples. Does anyone know of the right combination of settings I can use so that I can use my system?

I also should note that I know for a fact that the system CAN work. I have been using this setup for a little over a year now. I have only now begun to experience some difficulty after having to restore my computer to factory settings and reinstall Pro Tools 10 as well as Pro Tools 11. (Pro Tools 11 won't even come up, though I'm afraid that is a technical issue I will worry about at another time. My first concern is getting my system to function before tackling the next big problem.)

Any and all help is appreciated!!!!!