Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2012, 10:49 PM

Default PT10 crashes when attempting to assign m-audio midi controller

Hello I know this was brought up in another post but I believe the title of the thread wasnt descriptive enough so i thought id offer a bit more insight...

mac pro 10.6.8
oxygen 8 w latest driver (used to control the trigger plugin)
pt10 just installed
the usual DB and prefs trashed

when I boot up PT10 for the first time I get an error message that reads...

the original midi device associated w the midi controller m-audio keyboard could not be located please choose an existing midi device in the midi controller section of the peripherals dialog.

when I go investigate the midi controller section and attempt to reselect the m-audio midi device it CRASHES pt10 everytime.

as stated above i attempted to uninstall and reinstall the current m audio driver and also trashed the usual prefs.

oddly enough when I try to use the controller via a midi cord plugged into my euphonix mc control (not via usb) and I try to assign the euphonix midi port via the midi controller section it also crashes pt10.

any help would be appreciated
Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 PM

Default Re: PT10 crashes when attempting to assign m-audio midi controller

as it turns out any time I try to change ANY assignment under the midi controllers tab it crashes the program. Just tried to assign the midi ports on my interface (m audio lightbridge) without any luck so..

oxygen 8 via usb crashes
euphonix mc control midi ports crashes
m audio pro fire lightbridge midi ports crashes