Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-13-2001, 12:53 PM

Default Re: do you have an MPC

I downloaded 4000 all percussion sounds from the from the internet in about a 1/2 hour of looking, i dont even own an MPC
why buy

------------------
Switchcraft
Old 01-13-2001, 12:55 PM

why buy samples I mean
collect yourelf dont pay other people to do your work
Old 01-13-2001, 05:34 PM

mpc 2000 reads wav. files so you can edit any sounds on your computer with an audio editing program and save to floppy then load directly into mpc 2k. or 2kxl you can often find kicks, snares and hi hats at intros and breaks on your cds go into the filter menu to get the kicks alone. you can do this with basslines also, the mpc 2k has pretty good filters for this I personally have a mpc 3000 the sound on it is better out the box but the learning curve is greater a good engineer can make up for the sonic liability . See you at the Source Awards

Old 01-13-2001, 05:45 PM

I've heard that you can sample anything with out having to pay for it if the sample is not longer than 2 seconds.
Old 01-13-2001, 05:57 PM

Well I feel it boils down to user interface The mpc gives more feel to the tracks Iv used it on. I until recently lived by my computer based sequencer or workstation sequencer but I felt that my tracks were missing an edge I tried to apply mpc quantize from my computer based sequencer SVP 4.2 has a mpc templet but it didnt hit the same, I turned the velocity up all the way and it was still still missing something. I purchased a mpc 3000le 8 months ago and there it was it just hits hard. I auditioned the 2k and 3kle side by side on the same track and the 3k was hotter so I shelled out the money............. money well spent nothing like imagining a track in your head and having it sound just the way you wannted it to. I have worked on the with the triton but not its sequncer my next purchase is going to be a triton rack but Im in sequencer heaven with my mpc3k. I still use my computer to chase the mpc (midi beat) but thats after all samples and percussion is locked up. stings and complex parts still get placed in SVP and also comlex sequence editing but then its back to the mpc.
Old 01-14-2001, 09:59 PM

Alot of the free stuff on the web is sampled into a pc via a $12 sound card.... That can be a pluss or a neg depending on your style and whut your doing... But in the big picture yea... I downloaded the whole 2 gigs from sample net, but I found 85% of them to suck.
So yea I got lots of sounds but there not all usable...

Now when I pay $145 for a 33 cd set of disks, I feel that I got my money's worth... GC sells alot of single disks for around that..

In the end we all pay for stuff in diffrent ways Time is money and sometimes I spend my money on sample cd's, sometime I snag samples from the net.... But the real deal is to just use them making good music. Hopefuly it is fun to make and profitable in the end.