Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2008, 07:46 AM

Default Does anyone have Tea Boy Audio beta?

http://www.teaboyaudio.com/index.php

There was a beta version available. Does anyone have that? I don't want to wait for the release to check it out.

Thanks.
SSL 9000 J-Series

Private:
MacBook 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB DDR2 SDRAM, Mac OS 10.5.3
Pro Tools LE 7.4.2, MBox
Old 09-22-2008, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Does anyone have Tea Boy Audio beta?

It's still in alpha so there can't be a beta out there. Plus it's a service so the software only works in conjunction to the server where most of the work happens. BUT, next week if all goes as planned, there should be an open public beta for everyone to try for free for about 2 months (minimum). There wills till be much work to be done on it, but it will give a chance for users to present feedback which will influence the development and allow for bug checking that's not on anyone's dime. I do have some people doing testing of the alpha for us, but certain sections involving documenting the console and patching are not complete enough for real world use. This along with encryption (which is a big change over, so the more people using it before encryption, the harder it becomes to change over) should be finished in time for AES.

Also, while the theoretical intent is to include every piece of gear ever made, it helps to know the stuff people want added so I can start with that gear first if possible.

Let me know if you have any questions! I'll also be demonstrating it at AES for anyone going. Booth #537.

PS - I just registered in order to have an more identifiable user name instead of being anonymous, though in truth I have been registered to the forum since day 1. So this would be post #1 of my new profile (whooraaa).
http://teaboyaudio.com