Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 03-02-2016, 06:17 AM

Default Why Avid Company does not update the driver to the windows 10

Good afternoon!
I live in Ukraine. Two years ago, I bought a M-Audio Fast Track Usb for writing music at home, for yourself. Salary in the country is small, the average - 4000 hryvnia, is $ 150. I bought it two years ago with the hope that I will enjoy it for a long time. Since I have a license of Windows 8, Microsoft has offered me upgraded to Windows 10, which was my disappointment that the sound card is not working properly, crackle, hiss appears. I need to buy a new card ??? When my salary to buy a new I can not remain on Windows 8 too, as everything moves forward, not backward. Why do companies Avid difficult to update the driver for a new operating system? Or digging does not value their customers who have spent the money to buy their product instead of another company?
The more support ends in 2018!!!!!!!
Please update the driver on Windows 10!!!
P.S. sorry for my English
Attached Images
File Type: jpg avid.jpg (29.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Defnick; 03-02-2016 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:35 AM

Default Re: Why Avid Company does not update the driver to the windows 10

The End of Support dates are for repairs and parts, not driver updates. It is unfortunate that driver updates don't continue for discontinued products, but at some point companies have to move on to newer devices (not saying I agree with it particularly).

You could downgrade back to Windows 8, for free if you can't afford any other options. But you might be able to get it working properly under Windows 10 with the Windows 8 driver, I don't believe a whole lot has changed in the driver stack (I'm still using a Project Mix IO that does not have Win 10 drivers fine).

Be sure to go through the Optimization Guide (the latest is for Win 8), and if you can post back your system details we might be able to figure something out.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 03-02-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelG View Post
The End of Support dates are for repairs and parts, not driver updates. It is unfortunate that driver updates don't continue for discontinued products, but at some point companies have to move on to newer devices (not saying I agree with it particularly).

You could downgrade back to Windows 8, for free if you can't afford any other options. But you might be able to get it working properly under Windows 10 with the Windows 8 driver, I don't believe a whole lot has changed in the driver stack (I'm still using a Project Mix IO that does not have Win 10 drivers fine).

Be sure to go through the Optimization Guide (the latest is for Win 8), and if you can post back your system details we might be able to figure something out.

Joel
Joel, thanks for the support!
I do not understand why the manufacturer Creative makes drivers for Windows 10. I have a Creative X-Fi Extreme Musiс 2005 release, that is, it is already 11 years old and have a driver.
Avid and the company does not want to.
My sound card has only 2 years, but it is already possible to throw away, I was very upset.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:51 AM

Joel, thanks for the support!
I do not understand why the manufacturer Creative makes drivers for Windows 10. I have a Creative X-Fi Extreme Musiс 2005 release, that is, it is already 11 years old and have a driver.
Avid and the company does not want to.
My sound card has only 2 years, but it is already possible to throw away, I was very upset.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:31 AM

I've had the same issue with the fast track c600.
When I updated to windows 10 it stopped responding. The asio4all driver allowed recording and playback, but the fast track c600 control panel wouldn't start, which means losing acsess tothe monitoring and dsp effects settings. Had to go back to Windows 7, and ended up having to format and reinstalling from scratch (thank you microsoft for tho supposedly easy downgrading) which was a real pain in the a**. I really like my fast track c600, and don'tunderstand why there are much newer drivers for mac and not for Windows...

Last edited by tiagoreismorais; 04-15-2016 at 06:32 AM. Reason: misstyping
Old 04-15-2016, 06:36 AM

I understand that avid doesn't own M-audio anymore, I don't know how much responsibility has the new owner over discontinued products. I have a fast track and it works better on w10 than it did on 7. Maybe an os refresh can help...
Old 05-02-2016, 11:37 AM

Looks like Avid finally qualified Windows 10 but only on Pro Tools 12.5. I was one of the unlucky users who had audio issues while Running PT12 with a Fast Track Solo on Win 10. Windows 10 handles USB devices differently than Windows 7 and was the reason why my audio interface wasn't playing nice. I rolled back to Windows 7 (and also noticed a gain in CPU and RAM) and I haven't looked back since. Now that 12.5 is qualified for 10, I wanna upgrade but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hesitant. Time to back up I guess.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:36 AM

Install older driver. Then enable (rightclick on icon) at properties COMPATABILITY with windows 8. This should enable the older driver in windows 10. Alltho not supported. But it did work with other non supported gear.