Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-03-2011, 03:22 PM

Default My Pro Tools 9 Rig is working fine!

I have a great setup A Mac Mini, Eleven Rack, Axiom Pro and PT9 and it all works great together. I also have the Instrument Expansion Pack and they are all great my only real problem is that in time AVID will stop updating PT9 and when that happens I will be forced to either stop updating OSX, move to another DAW or pay AVID an unfair price to keep using a DAW I really like
Old 11-03-2011, 07:10 PM

Default Re: My Pro Tools 9 Rig is working fine!

or upgrade via the used market

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 11-03-2011, 07:28 PM

I don't see anything bad about leaving a solid system as is and making music as long as it works

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-03-2011, 07:40 PM

Don't you know the saying that what isn't broke, upgrade in the middle of a project! Oh wait, that's not how it goes While there are MANY reasons to go to ProTools 10---if what you have is working for you, why change it?
Old 11-04-2011, 06:24 AM

And why does everbody think its an unfair price if they upgrade later. Its not unfair! What the hell, it works that way for every thing, cars, clothes, computers, squirt guns, why does everyone just assume that they are "entitled" to special treatment. Avid doesn't have to give a break on price for anything they make. 5 dollars cheaper than full price for an upgrade is better than a kick in the crotch!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooks View Post
And why does everbody think its an unfair price if they upgrade later. Its not unfair! What the hell, it works that way for every thing, cars, clothes, computers, squirt guns, why does everyone just assume that they are "entitled" to special treatment. Avid doesn't have to give a break on price for anything they make. 5 dollars cheaper than full price for an upgrade is better than a kick in the crotch!
Your right they don't have to price their software in a competitive way in hopes to gain more customers in this ever growing DAW market. They choose to over price their software and piss off the customers and drive them away. Now that's good business.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
I don't see anything bad about leaving a solid system as is and making music as long as it works
I agree with you and will keep it as long at I can.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:59 AM

i also have a mac mini, I'm running pro tools 9 with a saffire pro 40 and just got my external hard drive back from lacie so i haven't used it too much with pro tools yet. does having 8gb of ram really help when tracking/mixing in pt9? i want to order it but I'm not sure if it'll be worth it, thanks.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:39 AM

Seriously, the cool feature for free is clip gain, while it's a nice feature, for me it's not worth $300. Disk cache would also be nice but you need to be a CPTK owner to benefit so it's pretty much $300 for clip gain .

With regards to the channel strip, do we need another dynamics and EQ, probably not???
Old 11-11-2011, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dougfather View Post
Seriously, the cool feature for free is clip gain, while it's a nice feature, for me it's not worth $300. Disk cache would also be nice but you need to be a CPTK owner to benefit so it's pretty much $300 for clip gain .

With regards to the channel strip, do we need another dynamics and EQ, probably not???
don't underestimate that channel strip