Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-20-2007, 06:40 AM

Default Curious about info required, a way to obtain info in mail bo

I was thinking about a way I could possibly get info from the forum into one’s mail private box or maybe this online one. Let me explained here; I have on several occasions ask for info and I am sure there where may replies, I unfortunately did not seen any of the information as it got lost in the mix here. One example, the headings started with a particular topic, and have evolved into another. This other part is what I am interested in. Obviously if one do searches you will not find this, especially if a person was out of the from loop for some days, remembering the heading ECT….
Hence the reason why I think many people would ask several question over and over, which is not an issue for me if I had to help some else, however It is for some of the forum people that gets up tight here.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Avid

Default Re: Curious about info required, a way to obtain info in mail bo

Probably the best way to get back to a particular thread is just to bookmark it in your browser.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Curious about info required, a way to obtain info in mai

You can also find posts specific to you by clicking on your name and then clicking "Show All User's Posts". You can also add a thread to your "Favorite threads" list here on this conference by clicking the "Favorite Thread! (toggle)

I would imagine I'm the one you're talking about who "gets up tight". Granted, in your case, you are correct, but please let me explain.

I was trying to help you in your own thread, where you were insisting that it was a "Pro Tools bug" that was causing your problem, and when I disagreed with you by proving that the steps to replicate the problem actually work on my installation, and pointing out that it would have to be something specific to your installation causing the problem, you got belligerent with me. Then you started posting about your problem in other people's threads that were unrelated to your own. I had given you some solutions to your problem, but apparently they weren't satisfactory, or you didn't believe they could be the cause of your problem.

If I remember correctly, you are having MIDI timing issues. You are running a multi-core AMD processor. You also have Pro Tools installed to a hard drive other than the system drive. The solutions that I gave you were to apply the Microsoft Dual-core hotfix (which you claimed to have done), the AMD Optimizer (which you also claim to have done), and to re-install Pro Tools on the system drive (which you refuse to believe could be causing your problem, thus refuse to attempt). When you refuse to believe that it could be a problem with your system, insist that it is a Pro Tools bug (which I have openly admitted that it very well might be with your particular configuration), then it makes it very hard to help you.

I may have been a little harsh with my comments at times. It was because you started posting your problem in everyone else's threads, completely dismissing my advice (granted, I'm an idiot when it comes to Pro Tools, and my advice probably should be dismissed) and basically making it harder for anyone to help those people, and also making it harder for other people to find solutions to similar problems, in essence creating the very problem you are complaining about here.

I sincerely have a desire to solve your problem, Andre67, I really do. That is truly sincere. For you, and for anyone else who comes along with the same issue. But I find it hard to help you when you completely dismiss advice that is given to you.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 06-21-2007, 07:04 AM

[QUOTE]

I was trying to help you in your own thread, where you were insisting that it was a "Pro Tools bug" that was causing your problem, and when I disagreed with you by proving that the steps to replicate the problem actually work on my installation, and pointing out that it would have to be something specific to your installation causing the problem, you got belligerent with me. Then you started posting about your problem in other people's threads that were unrelated to your own. I had given you some solutions to your problem, but apparently they weren't satisfactory, or you didn't believe they could be the cause of your problem.

If I remember correctly, you are having MIDI timing issues. You are running a multi-core AMD processor. You also have Pro Tools installed to a hard drive other than the system drive. The solutions that I gave you were to apply the Microsoft Dual-core hotfix (which you claimed to have done), the AMD Optimizer (which you also claim to have done), and to re-install Pro Tools on the system drive (which you refuse to believe could be causing your problem, thus refuse to attempt). When you refuse to believe that it could be a problem with your system, insist that it is a Pro Tools bug (which I have openly admitted that it very well might be with your particular configuration), then it makes it very hard to help you.
[QUOTE]

Thank you for your detailed explanation here, however you are sadly mistaken as I never even in all the few years I used Pro Tools, have had any MIDI issues at all, My issues was with the lack of Digi support on the OMF issue which I had for more than a year without any support, a couple of forum people have sided with Digi, almost as if they were friends or something, even if they could not really contribute to the problem. Hence I pick up on this forum that many people have had the same issues with OMF which I had, and when I pointed that out some got very, very upset and I have been accused of ripping off people threats, I have shown these threats to proof that I am not and was not alone in this to proof my statements were totally found and legit as I was excused of. Why that excuse was use I do not know as it was founded and those people had the same issues as me, hence me thinking that some people here are covering for Digi, why else would two or three people cover up this way and get that upset the why they did, if there is no personal interest in this?
What I have learned here is one should not proof these two or three people wrong especially after they have given their feedback that just gets them to explode. All most like the old ages the King rules and no one would dare challenge the KING. Not like today where we all should have freedom of speech I think?
Old 06-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Avid

Andre67 -

In looking through our records, we still have not received any specific information from you about what problems you're experiencing with DigiTranslator.

For us to help you, we need to know exactly what's happening - are you getting errors? How are you doing the transfer? What type of OMF's are you using and which application created them?

You may complain about the lack of support all you want, but from what I can see, it looks like we've done everything we can to help you but do not have the necessary info from you to come to a resolution. You've been offered several methods of tech support - your local dealer, tech support by phone via our UK office, the email tech support request form or by posting your problem here on the DUC. I looked through all your posts, but couldn't find any real info about the problems you're having - other than you're having them, that you sent an email request (which we replied to asking for more information) and that you're unsatisfied with the support you've received.

That's not to say I didn't overlook something - if you did, indeed, post your problem here on the DUC, please point me to the thread and I'll make sure it gets answered.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:34 PM

- DigiTechSuptAdministrator
Administrator
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am really confused with you guys at Digi, You people have said on many occasions that you do not deal directly with the client that’s me, and I have to work through my dealer which is “ELTRON” South Africa. My dealer has told me that they have sent numerous e-mails to Digi on OMF issue with NO reply. How much more then this do I need to make myself clearer?
In each instance Digi ask the same question, explaining that Digi support do not have any record of this query, How would you have one if you do not want to deal with me directly on support, as I was told this on several occasions even on this forum many times over, even after I explained that my dealer do not and have not received any correspondence or even an e-mail from Digi whereby support still say they bare NO knowledge of the query.
ELTRON South Africa has given me a refund two months ago. So this query is dead now no more aggravation on the OMF and from Digi support. Digi have played this game back and forwards for more than a year, one excuse on the other, why does support bother with this now you have done nothing for more than a year. I will not hold my breath, did Digi do anything about this, even others on this forum have explained to have the same issues as me, this was ignored by Digi Pretending that my issue is an isolated issue, did Digi step in to assist?..... No just very quite. All Digi did very well is blame all the other Brand with the likes of Cakewalk, Sonor, Steinberg ECT… saying they do not conform to the standards go figure all the other are a problem BUT not Digi?
Here is the mail links to info from support see for you self how much Digi support did: http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...rt=&PHPSESSID=
I have one other if you want to me to still give you more proof?