Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 12-13-2012, 11:34 PM

Default PT9 003 Help Needed

Basic idea of my setup..mpcs/korgs/1200s run through the 003 on pt9 running on a mac..everything has been flawless for about a year..untill tonight.This is not my first setup so i'm not a rookie but not an expert..I do have 10 yrs exp with the pt software/hardware.Here is the issue..i run my mpc 2000xl & microkorg through input 7/8..i use the same qtr inch because they are so close & i run the triton midi to the 2000xl..so i never use the micro & xl together at the same time..so tonight i was adding ear candy to a beat from the micro into the 003..i was playing live no midi even hooked to it..when all of a sudden i can't hear the live playing i'm doing..so i hit stop.. playback & it all plays even the part when it dropped out...so i press my keys & get notes back at half volume..but the led on the edit screen is hitting yellow as normal..showing the software is hearing it correctly but not putting it out right..the existing tracks still play,just the new track is acting up..so being this isn't my first bug encountered..i went with the trusty "delete that track & make a new one"..what do ya know it worked..for a second..so now to try the mpc..same problem..F#CK IT..i start a new session import all the stems...make a new st.audio track & it still happens..i really don't know what to do other than try a reinstall...just don't wanna reinstall a hundred plugins either..wasn't sure if it was an 003 hardware failure or a software bug..if i were to use the mic the artist would speak..the region would build a waveform as normal but nothing is coming from the monitors or headsets..but when u hit play it is all there recorded at full volume..but if the artist speaks into the mic after we press stop it's like u can bareley hear them..delete the track & make a new one they sound normal again..for a few seconds..this is beyond frustrating.