Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 11-08-2013, 05:49 PM

Default Please anyone help!! PT11 on 10.8.5 with Apogee duet 2

Can anyone please help! I can't run pro tools 11 correctly, it needs to be set on the highest buffer size to play back even a single track with no plug ins??! Also my duet 2 is creating drony sounds and clicks and pops when i boot up my iMac. It occasionally stops playing audio all on its own??! PLEASE HELP! i'm running 10.8.5 which i've been told works fine with pro tools, i've also heard it doesn't and that 10.8.4 is the last known working OS, however it is not possible to get 10.8.4 on my iMac
Old 11-08-2013, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Please anyone help!! PT11 on 10.8.5 with Apogee duet 2

Rule #1 here is post your question once only, in the correct forum. This is a lot better place than your other post.

And there is a special link for you right up at the top of this page see the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link.

Much more detail is needed about your setup and what you are having problems doing. Computer details, exact Pro Tools version, audio interface driver version. Especially describe all the disk drives (make/model/rpm) in your computer, including the dedicated audio-spec drive you are using for Pro Tools sessions. And post a sample of the "drony sound" on Soundcloud or similar and link to that here. What exactly are you recording from where, what exactly is everything connected to the Duet 2. What are all the playback engine settings in Pro Tools? (post a screen shot of that dialog if that is easier for you).

Have you done every system optimization described in your Pro Tools install guide ... and in that link above.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:50 PM

I think I remember running into that same issue with my macbook retina and Duet2. It was like the Duet wasn't locking to it's internal clock. I think I solved it by going to the Apogee website and updating the firmware on my Duet.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Chops View Post
I think I remember running into that same issue with my macbook retina and Duet2. It was like the Duet wasn't locking to it's internal clock. I think I solved it by going to the Apogee website and updating the firmware on my Duet.
This seems to be the most logical reason and hopefully there is a newer firmware available for the OP -- great advise!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:54 PM

ok couple things:

1.) this is my first time posting on a website like this so i'm unfamiliar with where things go and such. I'm good with computers but i'm no tech.

2.) my specs are 27'iMac/3.5 i7/3tb hard drive solid state/8g ram/mountain lion OS 10.8.5/apogee duet 2 (for my interface)/Pro tools 11.
to my knowledge and based on info from Maestro-2 2.8.8 the duet 2 is up to date as far as firmware (xmos firmware 0.2.55/duet usb daemon 1.22.5)

3.) I've noticed recently that my computer is having all kinds of issues with the apogee duet 2, for instance, iTunes/computer sound randomly stops playing, I must either restart the mac or unplug the apogee duet 2 usb cable and sound will immediately resume. I can then plug back in the duet usb cable and audio will correctly flow through it to my monitors. I downloaded a game called 'Lilly" off of iTunes for my girlfriend and tried to start it up.. just a long waiting period and a busy cursor symbol but the game wouldn't start. I then unplugged the Duet 2 usb cable and viola the game started right up. super weird right? I have a feeling that this interface is the cause of most of my problems and wondered if any of you have experienced any lag in your computers processing or weird occurrences while using this apogee duet 2 device. It sounds fantastic for its price range and is very useful to me in its small form and ability, however i desperately need to get this issue resolved. thanks for any help!