Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 07-18-2019, 06:12 PM

Default Beyond Annoyed

I have a project in the cloud which I am now getting an error when loading saying "There was a problem downloading. Would you like to try to open the cached copy?". When I try to open the cached copy I get the following error......

"Could not complete your request because The parameter is incorrect. (87) c:\Users\pat\Documents\Pro Tools\Project Cache\k-ON0U60dXBKGk4FniqbCb\QfUOTbK_ebbOQxGi7AO9Aa.ptproj ect\Revision History\Manual Saves\0122.ptpx"

I have been working on this project for months and I need it back. How do I get the project back?
Old 07-18-2019, 07:29 PM
Avid

Default Re: Beyond Annoyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJo View Post
I have a project in the cloud which I am now getting an error when loading saying "There was a problem downloading. Would you like to try to open the cached copy?". When I try to open the cached copy I get the following error......

"Could not complete your request because The parameter is incorrect. (87) c:\Users\pat\Documents\Pro Tools\Project Cache\k-ON0U60dXBKGk4FniqbCb\QfUOTbK_ebbOQxGi7AO9Aa.ptproj ect\Revision History\Manual Saves\0122.ptpx"

I have been working on this project for months and I need it back. How do I get the project back?
Have you already tried signing out and signing back in?
Checking on this further...

-Tope
Old 07-18-2019, 07:31 PM
Avid

Upon checking, you've already exceeded the 1GB project limit. Did you previously have an active cloud storage plan?

-Tope
Old 07-19-2019, 12:52 AM

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this. The only cloud plan I ever had is the 1Gb one that comes with PTF. I had 3 projects in it and I deleted one to make space but the cloud still thinks I have 3 although when I choose to open a project I only see 2. I’ve already created a separate thread about this problem.

I don’t seem to have any way of clearing space in the cloud and when I launch PTF it says I have 99% used in the cloud.

Can you help me get access back to my work?

Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2019, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Have you already tried signing out and signing back in?

Checking on this further...

-Tope

And to answer your question I signed in and out several times and rebooted but it has made no difference.

Old 07-20-2019, 09:00 AM

I'm really stuck here. I cannot access the project that I have been working on for months. How do I get at least the audio back from the cloud?

FYI, I have just done a disk size check on my Project Cache directory on my local disk and the total size of that is 268MB and I only have 2 projects so I have no idea why my cloud thinks I have over 1GB of space used because I just don't. I'm hoping that all the audio files are still there so I can get them back.

Can anyone help me get my files back from the cloud? Please! I'm desperate here.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:21 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJo View Post
I'm really stuck here. I cannot access the project that I have been working on for months. How do I get at least the audio back from the cloud?

FYI, I have just done a disk size check on my Project Cache directory on my local disk and the total size of that is 268MB and I only have 2 projects so I have no idea why my cloud thinks I have over 1GB of space used because I just don't. I'm hoping that all the audio files are still there so I can get them back.

Can anyone help me get my files back from the cloud? Please! I'm desperate here.
By the look of your cloud storage account, it seems that you've reached more than 1 GB. A workaround is you can register, download and install the Pro Tools Ultimate trial, this way, you can convert your Projects in to Sessions.

-Tope
Old 07-22-2019, 12:42 AM

I have only 2 projects, 1 of which I can’t access. Yesterday I turned off backup to cloud for the one I can access. So, now, I only have 1 project in the cloud which I can’t download or access. How can I convert it when I can’t access it? There’s months of work gone into it and I can’t get it.

Is there any way to get the audio files from the cloud so I at least have that much? Is there anything I can do?

Old 07-22-2019, 08:08 AM

Pay for more storage space seems like a solution
Old 07-22-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Pay for more storage space seems like a solution
You don't seem to understand what's happened here. There's no way I'm using a GB of storage and the project count is wrong.

I can't get access to one of my projects and at this point I'd be happy to just get access back to the audio files in the project. Is there any way of accessing the files on my cloud?