Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2018, 07:30 PM

Default anyone know how to connect an xenyx qx1222 for recording in Pro Tools?

I'm still learning PT, and recently purchased a usb xenyx qx1222 mixing board.
I am having the hardest time trying to figure out how to record using the board with protools. I've tried pugging in a smaller usb mic and it can record, but when i try to use the mixing board the input settings in I/O are n/a.
Any help?
-Thanks
Old 02-03-2018, 08:52 PM

Default Re: anyone know how to connect an xenyx qx1222 for recording in Pro Tools?

More info needed please. if you check the help us help you link at the top of the page it will tell you what we need to know to be of use. Just for start, system , PT version, etc. All non Avid interfaces are usually going to use ASIO on windows and Mac use something similar but each interface(the mixer itself is the interface in this case) will have its own drivers that you will probably have to download from Behringer to set up a "manager" software for your mixer which will be the available to Pro Tools as an "audio engine"
Old 02-04-2018, 05:24 AM

Default Re: anyone know how to connect an xenyx qx1222 for recording in Pro Tools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbright View Post
I'm still learning PT, and recently purchased a usb xenyx qx1222 mixing board.
I am having the hardest time trying to figure out how to record using the board with protools. I've tried pugging in a smaller usb mic and it can record, but when i try to use the mixing board the input settings in I/O are n/a.
Any help?
-Thanks
If your profile is correct you're on a Mac. If so a couple of things right off: have you installed the drivers for the unit? And if so can you see the unit in OSX audio/MIDI setup?

If all that is good hold down the 'n' key on the computer keyboard to select the Behringer as your audio interface when starting up PT.

Really though there are better quality audio interfaces than Behringer; that company is not known for having anything of consistently good quality.

For future reference: you might want to either put your system info in your sig file or at least put a line in there saying your complete system info is in your profile page. Notice I sad complete system info which includes everything from exact computer, operating system, ram, drives, PT version, etc.

QAPLA!
Old 02-04-2018, 09:47 AM

my info is in bio, but i did update it first. I did read posts about beginning topics. This whole forum discussion, mixing board use is new o me, and i'm still a beginner with protools. For clarification I copied my updated info in my portfolio for you
macbook air os sierra 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 8gb 1600 MHz DDR3, protools 12.8.1, mixing board xenyx qx1222 usb
Old 02-04-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
If your profile is correct you're on a Mac. If so a couple of things right off: have you installed the drivers for the unit? And if so can you see the unit in OSX audio/MIDI setup?

If all that is good hold down the 'n' key on the computer keyboard to select the Behringer as your audio interface when starting up PT.

Really though there are better quality audio interfaces than Behringer; that company is not known for having anything of consistently good quality.

For future reference: you might want to either put your system info in your sig file or at least put a line in there saying your complete system info is in your profile page. Notice I sad complete system info which includes everything from exact computer, operating system, ram, drives, PT version, etc.
thanks for the advice... I will see if any drivers are need to be down loaded and do a little exploration deeper in the pro tools following your suggestions. I will let you know if I figure this out, but until then any more help is appreciated.
with gratitude,
l
Old 02-04-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
thanks for the advice... I will see if any drivers are need to be down loaded and do a little exploration deeper in the pro tools following your suggestions. I will let you know if I figure this out, but until then any more help is appreciated.
with gratitude,
l
The PT learning curve is on the steep side especially if it's your first exposure to computer recording. If you're looking for learning videos take a look at Groove 3. They have a smattering of videos that are free but in general it's a pay-for site and may well be worth it for you. There are a variety of plans they have. For instance you can buy (for download if you wish) a specific video. They also have subscriptions plans (monthly & yearly). I was on the yearly plan for a number of years

One of the great byproducts of the yearly plan is say you're interested in a plugin but don't know if it'll do what you want or have questions about the functionality. Groove 3 may well a videos on it. Take it from someone who's made use of that - it's saved me money and time on not spending on something that may not work for me. Yes some programs/plugins have demos but generally they require some knowledge a beginner might not have (or someone who's not familiar with what a certain type of plugin does like eq or compression).

There's another possibility and that's the PT101 courseware book. I don't know how up to date it is but you may want to take a look at that. Going by earlier editions it'll take a complete newbie who has at least some computer skills into the world of PT usage.

QAPLA!
Old 02-04-2018, 11:50 AM

I was unable to find mac drivers only windows
Old 02-04-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I was unable to find mac drivers only windows
Unless it's what's called class compliant (and it might not be) you're going to have to get a real audio interface. Can you see the interface in OSX audio/MIDI setup (found in the Utilities folder)? If not - maybe you can return or sell the Behringer and recoup some of your losses.

As to what to get for a replacement that depends on budget and amount of I/O you need. MOTU has a decent range of interfaces and they're not all that expensive.

QAPLA!
Old 02-04-2018, 05:12 PM

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare...the-same-time/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk