Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2010, 11:48 AM

Default pro tools 8 stuck at "structure" at initial load

I recently upgraded to protools 8 from 7 and haven't been able to get it open yet because there are always new problems. the point i am stuck at no is that when i initiate protools 8,it goes through all of the plug ins but whenever it comes to structure, protools freezes and wont respond. is this a common problem? is there an easy solution?
I dont know if this is related but my moogerfooger authorizations which worked previous to the upgrade are now not being picked up from the ilok, even though they are indeed on the ilok. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thanks, Ty
Old 01-04-2010, 12:28 PM

Default Re: pro tools 8 stuck at "structure" at initial load

all you need to know is in my new signature. other that i cant tell anymore at the moment as i am on my mac in a different location

Big Rock Records Inc
Co-Owner

Sound Engineer/Producer in training

Learning by doing...

Mac
Protools 8 LE
Digi 002
Old 01-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomeworld View Post
all you need to know is in my new signature. other that i cant tell anymore at the moment as i am on my mac in a different location
We just got your email regarding this thread. He's not trying to get you to buy Sandra - it's FREE application, just follow the instructions.

Since you're new here, you should also read the Help Us Help You and General Troubleshooting stickies below my signature (where Benoni is pulling his info from), as they contain info about what we need to know to help you (your Sandra report, for sure) as well as possible solutions to your problems.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Avid

Also, see the other stickies in the Windows forum, as there's one specific to Internet Explorer 8 and plug-ins causing Pro Tools not to launch...
Old 01-08-2010, 01:16 AM

Yea, I'm betting that the quick fix for you is to roll back to IE7.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-21-2011, 06:21 AM

Hallo,

I have the same problem since today. I bought ProTools 8 LE in 2009 and it works very well one my system till today. Last week I had a virus on my PC and I have format the system completely! Windows XP is complete new installed and the the rest of my other software, too. Today I have installed ProTools new and now I have the same problem. Untill the Installing process the AntiVirus Software was enabled!!! ProTools starts and freeze at the "Structure"-PlugIn. Is it possible that anybody can help me to fix the problem. ProTools was still running without problems for more than a year on my system, and now it doesn´t work.

King regards,
Achim

P.S.: sorry for my english
Old 09-21-2011, 07:47 AM

One solution(if you don't need Structure) is to navigate to the Digidesign>DAE>Plugins folder and remove the Structure plugin file(s). Drag it/them(usually 2 files for each plugin) out to any where(I keep a folder on the desktop called BadPlugins).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave