Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2009, 02:56 AM

Unhappy Digi Core Audio Manager

Hi all my first time on here :)

Im having a problem with the digi core audio manager

I have Portools 8.0cs3 LE which i run from mbox2pro on a 2.2ghz 2gb 120gig mac book pro running leopard 10.5.8.

my problem is when I access the digicore audio manager in the protools directory I cant use it I press connect and nothing happens it wont find my hardware but protools seems to run fine most of the time

It does not allow me to either

Change the buffer size

enter the H/W setup

or adjust the level in digi core audio manager

short of reinstalling protools form scratch i have tried everything i can think off if any one can help me i would be most grateful

all the best

nathan gokhool
Old 08-28-2009, 04:35 AM

Default Re: Digi Core Audio Manager

You will find a lot of posts by people having various problems with DigiCoreAudioManager around here. But it seems difficult to pinpoint a reason for the instability.

Last time it acted up on me, it lost connection with its "clients" and would only serve one "client" at a time. I got the advise to use The Pro Tools Prefs Helper, and that did the trick for me.

I've used it before, but what I did this time was that I checked all nine options to remove prefs. This means, of course, that you will lose all Digi audio settings, and you must go thru hardware setup, buffer settings and so on.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Avid

Default Re: Digi Core Audio Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGokhool View Post
Hi all my first time on here :)

Im having a problem with the digi core audio manager

I have Pro Tools 8.0cs3 LE which i run from mbox2pro on a 2.2ghz 2gb 120gig mac book pro running leopard 10.5.8.

my problem is when I access the digicore audio manager in the protools directory I cant use it I press connect and nothing happens it wont find my hardware but protools seems to run fine most of the time

The Mbox2 Pro does not use the Core Audio Manager, but instead has it's own control panel available in System Preferences. You can configure the Mbox2Pro Core Audio Driver using the Mbox2Pro Control Panel, or from within most third-party Core Audio compatible client applications.

Please see the Core Audio Drivers Guide.pdf for more detailed information.
Macintosh HD > Applications > Digidesign > Documentation > Pro Tools