Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2019, 07:28 AM

Default No renewal button for Perpetual Lic

I got the Avid email: "Your Pro Tools update and support plan expires in 30 days. Get peace of mind—take care of renewal now by logging into your Avid Account".

I did that, and it incorrectly says: "Your Software Updates + Support Plan expired on Dec 27, 2016".

Not true. My plan is active, and expires in 30 days. I don't seem to have, on that page, the option to do what I want: To get another yr of update and support for my perpetual lic. Help please! There is no "renewal" button on that page. Does it exist somewhere else?
Old 12-01-2019, 07:37 AM

Default Re: No renewal button for Perpetual Lic

Ok, now I see that on the Products page, if I hit the drop down button I see my perpetual product, and the correct expiration date of 12/31/2019. The only upgrade and support option is $199 for a year. I thought it was going to be $99. I assume this is correct? What I wish to purchase is $199? Cheaper thru Sweetwater, and they will speak with you and answer one's questions.

When you go to the main Avid account page, the expiration date is wrong, as per my previous post. Get it together, AVID. This is confusing, a waste of my time, and a DRAG!
Old 12-01-2019, 07:56 AM

Lastly, as of 1/1/2020 will this "yearly upgrade and support" for a perpetual lic no longer be avail from Avid? What do we know about that? If that's the case...everyone either stays with their current version or switches to subscription?
Old 12-01-2019, 10:05 AM
Avid

Hello LSNY,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSNY View Post
Ok, now I see that on the Products page, if I hit the drop down button I see my perpetual product, and the correct expiration date of 12/31/2019. The only upgrade and support option is $199 for a year. I thought it was going to be $99. I assume this is correct? What I wish to purchase is $199? Cheaper thru Sweetwater, and they will speak with you and answer one's questions.

When you go to the main Avid account page, the expiration date is wrong, as per my previous post. Get it together, AVID. This is confusing, a waste of my time, and a DRAG!
There were some pricing changes on 7/1. duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405253

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSNY View Post
Lastly, as of 1/1/2020 will this "yearly upgrade and support" for a perpetual lic no longer be avail from Avid? What do we know about that? If that's the case...everyone either stays with their current version or switches to subscription?
Renewals are not being discontinued. avid.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/reinstatement-faq

There might still be some Black Friday deals at our resellers. avid.com/find-a-reseller

Best regards,
JC
Old 12-02-2019, 06:59 AM

Thanks, JC, for the very clear answer. If you can, look into the other thing: The discrepancy that one sees about one's expiration date, depending on the page one looks at! I can be more specific about what I'm seeing if needed. Thanks again...