Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 05-21-2013, 05:41 PM

Default Venue Sidecar - No Power

Hello,
I am having a problem with my venue console. Intermittently my sidecar will not power up, but the rest of the console will work fine. When this happens, on the devices page the sidecar will be grayed out so I can't reset it. I can find no logic to why it works or does not work sometimes.

The green lights are flashing by the power switches, so I believe it is getting good power. I have tried different power sources with no change.

Yesterday and today it did not work for an hour or two, tried several power cycles, and could not get it to come up, so I started the events without the sidecar. (fortunately they were very small, so it was not too big of a deal) Both days, the sidecar randomly powered up half way through the event when I was not even touching the console or anything near it.

Please help if you can, I am about out of hair to pull out.

Thanks
Old 05-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Avid

Default Re: Venue Sidecar - No Power

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this. Here's one thing to try: pull one of the PSU modules and see if that helps. If the sidecar doesn't power up, pull the one module and swap it out for the second module, but only ever insert one module at a time. Try putting the single module in both of the available PSU slots, if necessary. This will help isolate a failed/failing module or PSU slot, if that's the issue.

Failing that, contact support: venue support(at)avid(dot)com

Sheldon
Old 05-23-2013, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Venue Sidecar - No Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_urn View Post
Hello,
The green lights are flashing by the power switches, so I believe it is getting good power.
Does it normally flash? Not sure, but I think it usually just lights solid green.