Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 03-04-2019, 02:34 PM

Default PT2018 to UAD Quad Apollo Firewire Connection

Its been many years but I dusted everything off and bought a 1 year license to PT windows and getting up and running again. I searched but could not find this answer -

All I am using, for now, is a UAD Apollo and protools. I have a firewire 800 connected to the computer. Believe I have installed all the proper drivers and fresh load of Windows and PT.

Do I need to connect SPDIF out from the Apollo into the computer for PT to use the clock from the UAD?

My MB does not have spdif and I was going to by a i/o card. Currently PT does not recognize the UAD Apollo on firewire only and I think it is due to no spdif connection.

thanks in advance

Bzzzzz
Old 03-05-2019, 04:09 AM

Default Re: PT2018 to UAD Quad Apollo Firewire Connection

Not having an spdif connection to the computer means nothing here. Make sure that Windows isn't using the Apollo for system audio. Make sure the Apollo is turned on before starting the computer. Hold down the 'n' key on the computer keyboard while starting PT so you can select the Apollo.

BTW you may want to update your profile page to reflect your current system specs. It looks woefully out of date.

QAPLA!