Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 11-29-2018, 01:20 PM

Default 11 Rack drivers not working with Ryzen

So I recently made the switch from an outdated Intel system to a new Ryzen 2600 build. Upon turning on my 11 Rack to work on a mix, I noticed a strange stuttering as well as clicks and pops. There is a also a strange distorted almost filter like noise that happens periodically. Typically if this were a buffer setting on my DAW (FL Studio 20) it would appear listed as an underrun. No underruns are reported in FL. These audio artifacts and stutters also appear when browsing the web watching Youtube or anything involving audio.

I have tried everything I could find to try to fix this problem including: Plugging into different USB ports, different USB cable, updating all drivers (on a fresh install), disabling indexing on my SSD, USB power management settings, disabling BIOS settings (cool n quiet, core boost, etc), changing RAM speed, uninstalling driver and reinstalling. Nothing seems to make any difference. I have experienced several BSoD all indicating the 11 Rack driver: Thread Exception Not Handled, IRQL Not Equal or Less. When using the AMD motherboard audio, there are no issues whatsoever and everything sounds perfect.

I am trying to figure out if anyone else has had success with a Ryzen build and the Eleven Rack and also if Avid is even supporting this unit anymore. Windows drivers have not been updated since 2016 although Mac drivers did see updates in 2018. I would like to continue using this interface for my studio but I am on the verge of purchasing a different interface.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:24 PM

Default Re: 11 Rack drivers not working with Ryzen

always start with IO buffer... What IO buffer size are you trying to use? If you keep increasing it at what setting does it become stable (if it ever does).

What OS are you on?

You were using the FL on the old system? Still have that available to switch to and test the Eleven Rack is still working?
Old 11-29-2018, 02:45 PM

Default Re: 11 Rack drivers not working with Ryzen

Buffer settings have no effect on this issue, even at the highest setting (which is 4096) the stuttering and artifacts persist. I am using Windows 10 64 bit. I was also using FL Studio 20 on my other system. The previous system was decommissioned as I used a few parts in this Ryzen build. I have a laptop with an i5 in it, and the Eleven Rack seems to run perfectly with it.