Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 02-07-2016, 02:27 PM

Default MIDI problem - Midi Studio Issue

Hey guys,

I have searched the forum a few times and have been unable to get the answer to the question I have regarding this issue so apologies if it is something on here as I have missed it. On to the issue at hand...

I am working in Pro Tools 8 LE and I am running a Yahama MOX 6 to my Mbox. I watched the tutorial video a few times and I am not getting the screen that is showing up on the tutorial video when I open it. The tutorial video shows that I will have an option to select the make and model of the MIDI controller I am trying to work with, however, I am getting a completely different screen that what the set up is telling me. I was hoping someone could help me with this problem as this is getting really frustrating over the past few days. when I select SET UP - MIDI - MIDI STUDIO...

I am basically getting a window that says AUDIO DEVICES, and it has on the left side of the window: Built in Input, Built in Output, DigiCore Audio Device, Digidesign Mbox2, and Aggregate Device with clock source options on the right side. I am not getting the screen that gives me the option to actually select my Yahama MOX6 to the device or my Roland MC808. I'd be super grateful if someone can help point me in the right direction here.

Just for reference, I have MIDI THROUGH selected, and under PERIPERIALS is not giving me an option of anything other than "none" under MIDI CONTROLLERS. Thank you guys for the help!!! It's greatly appreciated.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:52 AM

Default Re: MIDI problem - Midi Studio Issue

Hmmm..that's very odd. If you go to SETUP, MIDI, then select Midi Studio Setup, you should get a window that shows "Properties" on the right side, with a pull down menu for "Manufacturer" where you can select Yamaha, and a pull down menu for "model". If that is not coming up when you select Midi Studio, then I'm not sure what's going on with your setup screen. I've not heard of this happening before.

Are you on Mac or Windows?

Good luck.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:01 AM

I am using a MACbook Pro
Old 02-25-2016, 07:35 PM

Not sure if im posting this right but i wont know if i dont try. I need to connect my MPC2000 , Tr Rack, JV 2080, and a MBOX2 into PT 8Le. What is the best connection for this set up and what else will i need to make my nightmare go away???
Old 02-27-2016, 11:49 AM

Microphone 33. The audio devices is the default window. Up at the top. Click on window and you'll see midi studio. From the midi studio window. Click on add device. Double click on the device box and the manufacture, model window pops up. Name occordinly. Drag your created device under your Mbox icon leaving space in between. Click on the Mbox out triangle and drag to your Yamaha in triangle. Then click on the Yamaha out triangle to your Mbox in triangle and you're golden. Create a stereo instrument trk. Click on Insert and choose a module from the instruments window. Arm the midi trk to record and play your keyboard. You should hear sound.