Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 03-04-2013, 07:25 AM

Unhappy pro tools won't recognise sound card

Hello,
I've just joined this forum as I have a big problem and can't use my pro tools7.1 mpowered.
It's a bit of a long story, so I hope you'll bear with me and i'm hoping that someone can help.
This first part may or may not be relevant to what's happening now but I thought i'd best mention everything. Several weeks ago when loading pro tools a message would come up saying init interface failed and my delta 1010lt sound card wouldn't work, i'd restart my pc and after a few times it worked, until one day when it didn't want to know, so I rang up a very helpful man on the m-audio helpline. He said he thought it might be a problem with my pc and suggested plugging the card into a different slot, which I did and all was well. It worked fine.....For a while!
After a week with no problems, one day my pc would not start pro tools, i'd click , but nothing, no message nothing. If I then clicked on run as..i'd get the message
Could not find required w(something, sorry can't read my own writing, but it was w and one other letter) then , DLL reinstall software.
So...At this point I took my pc up to my local computer repair man to ask his advice. I backed up all my files to a hard drive and he completely wiped my pc, he then reinstalled windows xp the delta1010lt with the drivers, and then my pro tools from the disk, several times, as it still didn't want to work!
When I try to start pro tools now it starts loading but then stops and I get a message which says....unable to locate m audio hardware, BUT..my pc says the delta 1010lt is there, it comes up on the control panel, and if you put a cd in and play, it works! I can see the level meter working, I hear the music from the outputs of the delta 1010lt. So why, oh why does my pro tools, loaded from my official disk I bought new, not recognise the card????
I really hope someone out there has an answer and I'd be most grateful if that someone can help me get back to making music , PLEASE !
From Mark in S.Wales.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:37 AM

Default pro tools won't recognise sound card

U really need a Sandra for computer specific spec help
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:14 AM

Default Re: pro tools won't recognise sound card

Hi, thanks for the reply, must admit I don't know Sandra ! Who is she? Yes, you've guessed it, i'm pretty much on the level of Homer Simpson when it comes to "tech", but I thought technology was there to help us not turn us all into computer experts. Also my m powered is 7.3, not that it probably makes any difference as it has worked fine for many years until this problem.
Still hoping someone can help, Come in Sandra! Mark.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:35 AM

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

Old 03-05-2013, 05:37 AM

Also pretty much you need to go through all your computer steps to troubleshoot that card

the device manager would be my first start what does Windows See in the device manager screen for your 1010

Also reading reinstalling the drivers along with trashing the prefs is probably good idea

Old 03-05-2013, 09:59 AM

Default Re: pro tools won't recognise sound card

Hello again J Daniel from Austin Texas,
Thanks for taking the time to reply .Yes I should have read the "read this before posting thing" .
just trying to follow the steps has me in a muddle! BUT...i'll persevere, in a day or 2. I need a break from this as it's doing my head in! I'll get a more detailed report done soon. Thanks again. Mark.