Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2019, 10:15 PM

Default Re: so happy i did not update my PT ...

I use PT10.3 on a 2012 imac running Mountain Lion. I use the video aspect all day. I love to drag and drop into Structure, from the clip bin. it works great.
Yes I wish for better time stretch too. I havnt found eleastique that great, sad to say....Im waiting for something near the quality of AMS audiofile

The biggest reason for me to ever possibly change is clip bins and folders that are totally sortable via track, color, type, alphbetical.....one of my episodes has over 2000!!! clips on the time line.....its crazy, and im just SFX

all new kinds of markers and colors and contrasts for poor eyesight or dim conditions

would like a note track lane selection like automation annd pan...

I have a macbook pro that i use to test stuff and when they deliver these requests and it works PERFECTLY, I will buy it instantly.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedLiquid View Post
The subscription model is a part of our lives for now and not much we can do about it.
Apologies in advance but this is false!

I will NOT be taking up an Avid subscription or any other from Slate, Plugin Alliance and the like.

I have be paying for Pro Tools for 20 years. For the last few major versions I have become increasingly dissatisfied with the stability of Pro Tools to the point when I was looking around for another core DAW. The annual forced $99 tax was enough of a bugbear as it was. This doubling to $199 was the final straw.

I gave Avid my last $99 before the hike which takes me into next year. If it remains at $199 and progress at Avid remain slow I will take that money and get Logic Pro X or other software.

We have a choice. I have plenty of perpetual plugins from Plugin Alliance, Waves and more. Slate has lost my money because they are basically attempting to force users to subscribe. This is not Netflix or Amazon Prime! I do not watch the same films over and over again. I will not pay for the same software over and over.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 10-10-2019, 02:41 AM

I'd be in agreement with Stephen there..
Picked up cubase during the crossgrade sale..
If I upgrade or not is dependant on whatever new version comes out now..If its good, I wont feel like the last years subscription has been a complete waste..
Old 10-10-2019, 02:57 AM

Yeah the old model made much more sense. Here's the new release, here's the new features and this is the cost. I pretty much stumped up for every LE (and TDM upgrades when I had the Mix system) there was.

This new method is wholly unsatisfying and now expensive. No guarantees but just some dice rolling and crystal ball gazing to wonder what appears in the next 12 months for one's hard earned $$$

In addition, the harsh reinstatement penalties feel abusive. At least Slate and the like let you leave and rejoin as you see fit. This is month on month too.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 10-10-2019, 04:09 AM

They rise the price a 100% or force you to rent, then the stop updating PT.

WHAT AVID IS DOING IS INSULTING!!!!
Old 10-10-2019, 07:32 AM

The Thomas Cook of audio world.
Wait for it......

Cheers!
Old 10-10-2019, 06:58 PM

cqd, Prabha & Akis I totally agree with you guys.
iMac 27" Late 2013 3.5Ghz i7 32GB Ram 3TB HDD, 1TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Movaje 10.14.6, Pro tools 2021.7, 2021.3 & 2020.12 installed. UAD Apollo 8 Quad & Satellite Quad, Reason 10.4.1 & Reason Suite 11.3.9, Logic Pro X 10.5.1 (need to upgrade to Catalina for LPX10.6), plugins & VI's by practically everyone. G-Tech Mini 1TB HDD, 3 x 1TB Glyph GT050Q, Lacie Rugged 500GB & several assorted drives.....lots & lots of hardware synths & outboard

https://soundcloud.com/2b3productions
Old 10-14-2019, 10:00 AM

Darryl ... thank you, but please be a little nicer to me ... i am not a moron, just had a little bad luck finding the thread .. i checked MY Started Threads and it was Gone .. i did a search but it did not show up .. my bad !!!

NOW, and why would this be merged with other threads ?? never seen that before ..

so, my piece has been said and it seems others understand my position ... i am done !!!

Darryl, thank you again for finding this and pointing it out to me ... you are very helpful on this forum ... everyone just needs to be a little more courteous to each other .. forums are good for many things .. making friends, not so much

and sorry Avid, i am waiting in the wings as you get your Self Together !! been using PT since before it was named PT .. so not like i do NOT have a reason to have some concerns .. right !!!

cheers all .. john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 10-14-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
Darryl ... thank you, but please be a little nicer to me ... i am not a moron, just had a little bad luck finding the thread .. i checked MY Started Threads and it was Gone .. i did a search but it did not show up .. my bad !!!

NOW, and why would this be merged with other threads ?? never seen that before ..

so, my piece has been said and it seems others understand my position ... i am done !!!

Darryl, thank you again for finding this and pointing it out to me ... you are very helpful on this forum ... everyone just needs to be a little more courteous to each other .. forums are good for many things .. making friends, not so much

and sorry Avid, i am waiting in the wings as you get your Self Together !! been using PT since before it was named PT .. so not like i do NOT have a reason to have some concerns .. right !!!

cheers all .. john
John, sorry, maybe I needed more coffee or happy pills or.... There is quite a lot of merging that goes on here. Has happened to me a lot, and I will ask mods to merge stuff as well. I think it generally helps improve following stuff/makes things better, but not alway. You are right you should have been told, and Avid is great to agree with that...
Old 10-14-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
John, sorry, maybe I needed more coffee or happy pills or.... There is quite a lot of merging that goes on here. Has happened to me a lot, and I will ask mods to merge stuff as well. I think it generally helps improve following stuff/makes things better, but not alway. You are right you should have been told, and Avid is great to agree with that...
Hi Darryl, you are a true gentleman !! and thx for the info on merging .. i am a Merging Virgin but not anymore !!! agreed, it keeps things clean !!

cheer and have a great day !!

john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro