Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-1999, 07:50 PM

Default wiring advice..

I'm about to pre-wire my studio for a ProControl.. as a last ditch effort, I'm wondering if anyone can give advice as to the best wiring for the unit.

I received some initial drawings with regards to the 25pin D subs. What am I wiring to the solo inputs? What is going to the aux ins on the 25pin? If I wire my DAT as source 1, can I also bus the DAT to an input on the 888?

I'll most likely put everything in a patchbay. Any thoughts?
Old 12-14-1999, 03:44 AM

Default Re: wiring advice..

I've just had my 3 D connectors wired up, all to XLR, I'm in the dark about some of them but at least I've got em! I will try hooking it up over the hollidays.
Watch out for the digi error on the wireing diagram, there is an apology and correction that can be found on the "late breaking technical issues" part of the Digi site.
Jules
www.gearslutz.com
Old 12-15-1999, 07:16 AM

Why don't you connect the DAT to...say in and out of 7/8 on your 888 i/o.(Digital?) To run a mix to the DAT....submix everything to a stereo AUX input just before the master fader for your main out ( 1/2 ?) . Set up a send on the aux to go to hardware output 7/8.( when you assign something to an output..it is automatically sent out analog and Digital simultaneously) Then add a 2nd master fader and assign the output to 7/8. If you make the send on the AUX Pre fader any master fader adjustments on the 2 masters are independant of each other. To monitor the DAT...run the ANALOG output to the Dsub25 source 1, 2, or 3 input on ProControl. This way if your computer is off...or down(hopefully not) you can still monitor your DAT from the monitor section of ProControl.

Rob
Old 12-15-1999, 07:11 PM

Thanks Rob,

we started the wiring today and you are right on target. We are using outs 3 and 4 for the dat, but your input helps. The PC unit shows up tomorrow afternoon, so we'll see if we are in the right zone. Thanks again,

Allan