How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2011, 05:14 PM

Default Eleven Rack Exp Pack Bundle

Hi,

I recently (two days ago) purchased a new eleven rack bundled with PT9 and the 11 Rack Expansion pack. I registered my product, and followed all the directions to update all the firmware, PT software, etc. I have not however found any information about how to download my included 11 rack expansion pack. It doesn't appear in my "Products" page, undownloaded software area, etc.

Any thoughts from anyone having that same issue or some guidance from someone who knows?

Thanks,

Adam
www.defiantdigital.com
Old 10-21-2011, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Exp Pack Bundle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstringer View Post
Hi,

I recently (two days ago) purchased a new eleven rack bundled with PT9 and the 11 Rack Expansion pack. I registered my product, and followed all the directions to update all the firmware, PT software, etc. I have not however found any information about how to download my included 11 rack expansion pack. It doesn't appear in my "Products" page, undownloaded software area, etc.

Any thoughts from anyone having that same issue or some guidance from someone who knows?

Thanks,

Adam
www.defiantdigital.com
On the Avid site is says the ERXP is pre-installed. So are you saying the ERXP items are not on the Eleven Rack itself? If you have amps like the SOD, or RB-01b then the ERXP is installed on the 11R.

Also, because you purchased on or after Oct. 1 that should qualify you for a free upgrade to Pro Tools 10 that was released last night, so thats some good timing on your part. Its a $300 upgrade for current PT9 users and a $500 upgrade for current PT8 LE users and a $600-$700 charge for those with no current Pro Tools.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-21-2011, 05:34 PM

Nice.. :) I'll have to check that out.. it didn't show up in my "products" page, would I need to contact Avid about that upgrade? Also to answer your question.. No I haven't seen those amps, also I have no "Speaker Breakup" bar in the Eleven window..

Any thoughts?

Adam
www.defiantdigital.com
Old 10-21-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Nice.. :) I'll have to check that out.. it didn't show up in my "products" page, would I need to contact Avid about that upgrade? Also to answer your question.. No I haven't seen those amps, also I have no "Speaker Breakup" bar in the Eleven window..

Any thoughts?

Adam
www.defiantdigital.com
hmmm.... what exactly did you do when you "updated" the firmware?

It is my understanding that the 11R+ERXP+PT9 bundle already has the current firmware installed (2.0.1)

What instructions were you following?

Was this an Avid bundle? or a retailers bundle? If its a retailers bundle where they throw in PT9 and the ERXP, then you probably have a ERXP card or a code in your email to register the ERXP, also I dont think you would be eligible for PT10 for free.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-22-2011, 08:03 PM

Acutally, it is an Avid bundle, because it comes written right on the box. It talks about the included ERXP, but there's no disks to install it, and all the downloads I have in my avid account do not contain the ERXP. I may use one of my included tech support contacts that came with everything to check it out. Thanks for the advice and guidance tho.. I always appreciate it.. :)

I am actually eligible for the free upgrade, I just got my email this morning from Avid on how to Download the full version of Pro Tools 10.

I hope you're all having a great evening.. :)

Adam
www.defiantdigital.com
Old 10-22-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Acutally, it is an Avid bundle, because it comes written right on the box. It talks about the included ERXP, but there's no disks to install it, and all the downloads I have in my avid account do not contain the ERXP. I may use one of my included tech support contacts that came with everything to check it out. Thanks for the advice and guidance tho.. I always appreciate it.. :)

I am actually eligible for the free upgrade, I just got my email this morning from Avid on how to Download the full version of Pro Tools 10.

I hope you're all having a great evening.. :)

Adam
www.defiantdigital.com
Good to hear that you are eligible for the free upgrade to PT10.

I'm just not sure what to tell you about the ERXP.

The Avid site says the ERXP is pre-installed.
http://www.avid.com/US/products/eleven-rack_2 (under SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS tab)

i have no way to confirm this myself, but another guy in another thread did say his new 11R bundle had the ERXP pre-installed, maybe yours slipped through the cracks and didn't get updated or something?

Unless DTS, Chris, or Chimper pop in and answer this for you, you will probably have to give Tech support a call on Monday.

Once you get it figured out, it would be great if you could post back and let us know what the solution was, as I have been looking for this info all over for a couple weeks now and found nothing.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-23-2011, 07:11 PM

I will be happy to share the results here.. I'm a firm believer in the equal exchange.. it's here when I need some help, and I pay it back by sharing what I learned so someone else can maybe get some help they needed.. :)

I love technology.. where was it when I was cutting 2" tape with an xacto.. :)

Have a great evening all!

Adam
www.defiantdigital.com
Old 10-24-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I will be happy to share the results here.. I'm a firm believer in the equal exchange.. it's here when I need some help, and I pay it back by sharing what I learned so someone else can maybe get some help they needed.. :)

I love technology.. where was it when I was cutting 2" tape with an xacto.. :)

Have a great evening all!

Adam
www.defiantdigital.com
Just wondering if you got this resolved today?

Nice website by the way

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-24-2011, 05:14 PM

Not today, had a couple things come up, I was planning on doing that tomorrow.. I'm looking forward to the answer.. I really like the idea of the Towel Bar Ampeg and the vocal dynamic tools.. the additional amps would be nice too.. :)

I'll keep ya posted.. and thanks so much for the nice comments on the website.. :)

Have a great nite..

Adam
www.defiantdigital.com
Old 10-25-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Not today, had a couple things come up, I was planning on doing that tomorrow.. I'm looking forward to the answer.. I really like the idea of the Towel Bar Ampeg and the vocal dynamic tools.. the additional amps would be nice too.. :)

I'll keep ya posted.. and thanks so much for the nice comments on the website.. :)

Have a great nite..

Adam
www.defiantdigital.com
Hows it going today man? It seems that Avid overlooked this problem of the ERXP and the Eleven Rack window.

Hopefully they get this resolved quickly.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio